Endeavour Executive Fellowships
Last updated: 14 May 2013 |
Deadline: 30 June 2013 (annual)
Study in: Australia
Next course starts: Jan-Nov 2014
The Endeavour Executive Award, provides professional development opportunities of (1-4 months) for high achievers in business, industry, education or government from participating countries and Australian’s to do the same.The Awards focus on building skills and knowledge through a host work environment rather than through formal enrolment in a study program at a host organisation and are not intended to fund direct academic research (if your activity will result in you receiving, or contributes to, a formal academic qualification, you will not be eligible to apply for an Executive Award).
Professional development activities could include management training, peer-to-peer learning, mentoring, short courses and developing leadership skills.
Applicants must be nominated by either their home organization or host organization. It is the responsibility of the applicant to research and find an appropriate host organization and develop their proposed professional development program.
Number of Awards:
Americas: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela
The Caribbean: Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Martinique, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago
Europe: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus (Republic of), Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Reunion, Romania, Russian Federation, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom
Middle East: Afghanistan, Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
Pacific: Fiji, French Guinea, French Polynesia, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia (Federated states of), Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand* (including Cook Islands), Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wallis and Futuna.
Asia: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, People’s Republic of China (including Hong Kong and Macau SAR’s), India, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Republic of Korea (South Korea), Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Viet Nam.
For Africa, see Australia Short Term Awards for Africa.
Total Award Value : Up to $AUD18,500
Travel Allowance: $AUD4,500
Establishment Allowance – $AUD4,000
Monthly Stipend (1 to 4 months on a pro-rata basis): $AUD2,500 per month.
Health and travel insurance will be provided. Additional funds are not available to support accompanying dependents or for return visits to the home country.
1. International applicants must be citizens and/or permanent residents of a participating country (see Section 4.3) and may not hold dual citizenship with Australia.
2. Australian applicants must be citizens and/or permanent residents of Australia.
3. Award Holders must commence their Award after 1 January, 2014 and no later than 30 November 2014. Applicants who have already commenced or will commence their program at their host organisation prior to 2014 are ineligible.
4. International and Australian applicants who have completed an Endeavour Award and/or AusAID Scholarship in the preceding 24 months (2 years) before the current round of the Endeavour Awards are not eligible to apply.
5. International and Australian applicants must have completed either an Australian Year 12 secondary qualification or equivalent or a trade or vocational qualification of at least Certificate III level or above1or an undergraduate degree at the time of application. If your activity will result in you receiving or contributes to a formal academic qualification, you will not be eligible to apply for an Executive Award.
6. International and Australian applicants must be nominated by their host organisation and include a completed nomination form for commencement in 2013 with their application.
- A record of good academic achievement and a minimum of five years full-time or equivalent relevant work experience are highly desirable. Preference may be given to applicants with work experience that is directly related to their proposed activity;
- A proposal that shows how you will enhance your vocational skills and stay informed of new developments relevant to your existing skills and interests of your home country;
- The applicant’s potential to participate fully in their profession or the wider community on their return home demonstrating how the activity will build and extend on the applicant’s leadership capabilities;
- The potential for ongoing links between the host and home organisations, and
- Evidence of participation in community service outside of the applicant’s regular studies and/or employment duties.
Applications for the 2015 round are expected to open in April 2014. Please check the Australia Awards Endeavour Scholarship and Fellowships website closer to April 2014 for further information, applicant guidelines and eligibility criteria.
Applications must be submitted using the Endeavour Online Application system. Please refer to the Apply Now page for further information. The deadline for 2014 Round was 30 June 2013.
It is important to read the 2014 Endeavor Awards Application Guidelines and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Related Scholarships: List of Scholarships for International Students in Australia
- Rotary International Peace Fellowships
- Curtin University International Research Scholarships
- Australia Awards Scholarships
- Macquarie Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarships
- SEARCA Graduate Scholarships for Southeast Asians
- Bocconi Scholarships in Italy for International Students
- UM High Potential Scholarships for International Students
- Heinrich Boll Scholarships in Germany for International Students
- Edinburgh Global Online Distance Learning Scholarships
- Fondation Rainbow Bridge MBA Scholarships for African and Asian Women
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship announcement. This is only a structured summary of the scholarship. For complete and updated information, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from this website is strictly at your own risk. Please see our Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions for more information.