WMF Scholarships for Developing Country Students
Last updated: 03 Jan 2013 |
Wells Mountain Foundation
Deadline: 1 April 2016 (annual)
Study in: any developing country
Course starts 2016
The Wells Mountain Foundation, a public charitable foundation based in Bristol, Vermont, USA, funds the Empowerment through Education scholarships for individuals in developing nations or other situations of extreme poverty.
Your choice of institution in your home country or in another developing country
Field(s) of study:
All fields of study but fields such as health care, social work, education, social justice, as well as professions that help the economy and progress of the country such as computers, engineering, agriculture and business are favored.
Number of Scholarships:
About 10-30 scholarships per year.
Citizens of developing countries
ETE scholarships range from $300 USD to $3000 USD annually and are provided throughout the undergraduate education of the recipient. The average scholarship amount is $1400. Scholarships may be used for tuition and fees, books and materials, and other approved costs.
WMF’s ideal candidate is a student, male or female, from a country in the developing world, who:
• Successfully completed a secondary education, with good to excellent grades
• Will be studying in their country or another country in the developing world
• Plans to live and work in their own country after they graduate
• Has volunteered prior to applying for this scholarship and/or is willing to volunteer while receiving the WMF scholarship
• May have some other funds available for their education, but will not be able to go to school without a scholarship
• Submits a complete, legible 2016 application in English (please proof-read). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
To apply for the Empowerment Through Education (ETE) program, you must submit a complete application via the online scholarship application portal (preferred method) or via postal mail to the Foundation’s office before 1 April 2016. The 2016 Empowerment Through Education online application will be available from 15 December 2015 to 1 April 2016.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.wellsmountainfoundation.org/scholarships
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship page. This is only a one-page summarized listing of the scholarship. While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, information may change at any time without notice. For complete and updated information, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from scholars4dev.com is strictly at your own risk. Please read our full Disclaimer for more information.