WMF Scholarships for Developing Country Students
Last updated: 03 Jan 2013
Wells Mountain Foundation
Deadline: 1 April (annual)
Study in: any developing country
Course starts September 2013
The Wells Mountain Foundation, a public charitable foundation based in Bristol, Vermont, USA, funds scholarships for individuals in developing nations or other situations of extreme poverty.
Your choice of institution in your home country or in another developing country
Field(s) of study:
All fields of study but fields such as health care, social work, education, social justice, as well as, professions that help the economy and progress of the country such as computers, engineering, agriculture and business are favored.
Number of Scholarships:
28 scholars were selected in 2011.
Citizens of developing countries
Scholarships range from $300.US to a rare high of $3000.US to cover part of tuition and fees, books and materials, room rent and meals.
They do not fund the following:
- education at a college, polytechnic or university in the United States, UK, Australia, or Europe with some exceptions
- Masters or Doctorate degrees. A medical degree, however, is acceptable.
- laptop computers, conferences or trips
- debts or past due tuition bills
WMF’s ideal candidate is a student, male or female, from a country in the developing world, who:
- successfully completed a secondary education, with good to excellent grades
- will be studying in their country or another country in the developing world
- plans to live and work in their own country after they graduate
- has volunteered prior to applying for this scholarship and/or is willing to volunteer while receiving the WMF scholarship
- may have some other funds available for their education, but will not be able to go to school without a scholarship
- submits a complete, legible 2012 application in English
Applications are done by submitting the application form together with required documents. Applications must be received by 1 April 2013 to be considered for the 2013-2014 school year. Applicants will be notified if they have been selected as a WMF Scholarship student by approximately 1 August 2013, with funding for the first semester by September 1.
It is important to read the FAQs and visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.wellsmountainfoundation.org/?page_id=699
Found this useful? Share it!
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship announcement. This website is for general information purposes only. For official information and specific details including updated deadlines and instructions, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from this website is strictly at your own risk. Please see our Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions for more information.