Denmark Government Scholarships for International Students
Last updated: 28 Oct 2012
Deadline: 15 March 2013 (annual)
Study in: Denmark
Course starts September 2013
The Denmark Government welcomes highly qualified and motivated international students from all over the world to study in Denmark. A number of scholarships are therefore offered each year by the Danish Ministry of Education to fund students from countries outside the European Union/ European Economic Area. The scholarships can be awarded for a full degree higher education programme.
Participating Higher Education Institutions in Denmark
Fields of study:
Approved full-time postgraduate programmes
Number of Scholarships:
The Danish Scholarships are open to Non EU/EEA International Students.
The government scholarship consists of two parts and can be given as full or partial tuition fee waivers and/or grants towards covering your living costs. However, as the scholarships are administered by the individual higher education institution, you should ask for further details at the institution of your choice.
In order to be eligible to apply for a scholarship you have to be:
• A citizen of a country outside the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland.
• Enrolled in a full degree higher education programme.
• Granted a time-limited residence permit in Denmark due to education
You are not eligible for a scholarship if you are:
• studying in Denmark on the grounds of a bilateral exchange agreement
• have a legal claim to the rights of Danish citizens
• have been granted a residence permit at the time of admission by the Danish Aliens Consolidations Act §9c, subsection 1, as the child of a foreign citizen who has been granted a residence permit in accordance with the Danish Aliens Consolidations Act §9a, and who is a citizen of a country that is not acceded to the EU or covered by the EEA agreement
• is a student who is eligible for a grant in accordance with Danish Law regarding the State Education Fund
If you would like to apply for a scholarship, contact the Danish Higher Education Institution which offers the specific study programme you are interested in. The institution will then provide you with the application form. The institution can also inform you about entry requirements, course descriptions, deadlines and student services.
Deadline varies depending on your choice University and study programme but is around 15 March annually.
It is important to visit the website of your choice university and the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
For further information about the government scholarship, please consult the admission details of the higher education institution of your choice.
Official Scholarship Website: http://stdk.headtest.dk/study-in-denmark/tuition-fees-and-scholarships
Related Scholarships: See list of countries where you can study for free
Found this useful? Share it!
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship announcement. This website is for general information purposes only. For official information and specific details including updated deadlines and instructions, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from this website is strictly at your own risk. Please see our Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions for more information.