SEARCA MS/PhD Scholarships for Southeast Asians
Last updated: 27 Jun 2011
Deadline: 30 July (annual)
Study in: Southeast Asia
Next course starts 2013
The Masters (MS)/PhD Scholarship Programme aims to ensure the relevance and responsiveness of Southeast Asia’s agricultural scientists and professionals to global sustainable development issues.
- Malaysia: Universiti Putra Malaysia
- Thailand: Kasetsart University, Thammasat University
- Indonesia: Institut Pertanian Bogor, Universitas Gadjah Mada, University of Indonesia
- Philippines: University of the Philippines (UP) Los Baños,UP Diliman, UP Visayas
- Singapore: National University of Singapore
Field of studies:
Agriculture and related fields (including biological sciences, social sciences, economics and statistics, forestry and fisheries, environmental sciences, agro-industrial technology and engineering, biochemistry, and development management).
Number of Awards:
As of School Year 2009/2010, SEARCA has granted 1,250 scholarships, of which 1,056 study programs (448 PhD, 608 MS) had been completed.
- • Open to nationals of Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam
- • Regular employees of academic or research institutions or government agencies
- • Not older than 35 years old
• The scholarship covers tuition and other school fees; book and supplies allowance; thesis/ dissertation support; insurance and travel (roundtrip air ticket from home country to study post and local transportation), and a stipend of $400/month for food, lodging and incidental expenses. The full benefits and privileges can be seen here.
• The scholarship has no provision for any member of the scholar’s family.
• Conditions of the grant can be found here.
- • The list of requirements for application as well as all the required forms for scholarship application and admission to the graduate study programs of universities where SEARCA scholars may study may be downloaded from the SEARCA website.
- • The topic of the research that the applicants plan to conduct for their thesis must be in line with any of the priority thrusts of SEARCA, namely: agricultural competitiveness, sustainable land use and water management, and biodiversity conservation.
Applicants may submit their applications to their countries’ respective Ministries of Education, Higher Education, Agriculture, Forestry, Fisheries, Environment and Natural Resources, or Rural Development. (Refer to this web page). The Ministries will then screen and endorse their applications and submit the list of qualified applicants accompanied by the complete set of requirements to SEARCA not later than 30 July. Applicants should inquire with their respective Ministries regarding the Ministries’ closing date for receiving SEARCA applications, which they will screen and endorse to SEARCA.
Applicants may also apply online using the online application form. It is important to visit the website (found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship and to access the application form.
Scholarship Homepage: http://www.searca.org/web/scholarship/regular_scholarships/degree/index.html
Found this useful? Share it!
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship announcement. This website is for general information purposes only. For official information and specific details including updated deadlines and instructions, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from this website is strictly at your own risk. Please see our Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions for more information.
More Scholarships Like This »
- Endeavour Executive Awards
- New Zealand-ASEAN Scholar Awards
- UNIPV International Scholarships for Developing Countries
- Sydney Achievers International Scholarships
- Australia Awards Fellowships for Developing Countries
- Bocconi Scholarships in Italy for International Students
- Curtin International Postgraduate Research Scholarships
- Heinrich Boll Scholarships in Germany for International Students
- Denmark Government Scholarships for International Students
- UM High Potential Scholarships for International Students
- Leiden University Excellence Scholarships for International Students
- Radboud Scholarship Programme for International Students
- MUIS Scholarships in Australia for International Students
- Hungarian Government Scholarships for Foreign Students
- Edinburgh Global Development Academy Scholarships
- Australia Awards Scholarships
- Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarship Awards
- Netherlands Fellowship Program for Master’s, PhD, and Short Courses
- DAAD Scholarships with Special Relevance for Developing Countries
- DAAD Masters Scholarships in Public Policy and Good Governance