VLIR-UOS Training and Masters Scholarships in Belgium
Last updated: 22 Oct 2013 |
Deadline: varies (annual)
Study in: Belgium
Course starts September 2015
VLIR-UOS awards scholarships to students from 54 eligible countries in Africa, Asia and Latin-America, to follow an English-taught training or master programme at a Flemish university or university college in Belgium.
Participating Belgian Flemish university or university college
Fields of study/Programmes:
The list of supported English Taught Training and Master’s Programme for 2015/2016 and its description is found at this page.
Number of Awards:
Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, South Africa
Asia: Bangladesh, Cambodia, Philippines, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Laos, Nepal, Palestinian Territories, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam
Latin America: Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Haiti, Mexico, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay,
VLIR-UOS only provides full scholarships for the total duration of the training or Master. The scholarships cover allowance, travel costs, accommodation, insurance, tuition fees, and other program related costs.
You can only apply for a scholarship if you meet the following requisites. You must:
- • Be national and resident of one of the 54 eligible countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America at the moment of application. It is not necessary to be resident and national of the same country, so long as it concerns one of the 54 eligible countries.
- • Age: 40 years* or less for a Master programme or 45 years* or less for a training (* on 1 January of the year of the start of the course).
- • Meet the academic admission criteria set by the university or university college, concerning educational background, language proficiency, etc. You can find the academic admission criteria on the programme websites.
- • For a Master programme: not have been enrolled in a Master programme (or equivalent) at a Belgian university before (with or without a scholarship).
- • Not work in the commercial profit sector, as we target candidates from education and research institutions, the government sector, social economy and NGOs.
- • For a training: have relevant professional experience and a written (future) employer’s statement of (re)integration in an employment where the acquired knowledge and skills will be immediately applicable. The statement should also confirm the added value of the training for the candidate and the organization.
See the full eligibility and selection criteria at this link.
To apply for a training or Master programme, visit the website of the training or Master programme of your interest. Follow the guidelines for application as mentioned on their website. Applications made directly to VLIR-UOS will not be considered. The deadline varies and are determined by the programme.
It is important to visit the websites of the specific Training or Master’s Programme you have chosen for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.vliruos.be/6323.aspx
Related Link: List of Top 10 Scholarships in Belgium for Foreign Students
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship page. This is only a one-page summarized listing of the scholarship. While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, information may change at any time without notice. For complete and updated information, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from scholars4dev.com is strictly at your own risk. Please read our full Disclaimer for more information.