Rotary Foundation Global Study Grants for Development
Last updated: 26 Mar 2013
Study in: any Country*
Course starts AY 2013/2014
The Rotary Foundation Ambassadorial Scholarship program has ended in 2012-13. Beginning in 2013-14, The Foundation will offer scholarship opportunities through the Rotary Foundation Global Grants.
Global grants may be used to provide funding for academic studies provided that they:
• Fund graduate-level study that relates to one or more of the areas of focus
• Fund studies for a term of one to four academic years
• Sponsor the academic studies of an individual traveling from the international sponsor district to the host sponsor district
Areas of Focus:
Rotary Foundation Global Grants can be used to fund scholarships with sustainable, high-impact outcomes in one of Rotary’s six areas of focus:
Any one sponsored/nominated by Rotary Clubs in Selected Districts (found in about 70 countries)
The minimum award amount from the World Fund for a global grant, regardless of activity type, is US$15,000, which results in a minimum total financing of $30,000.
When developing activities, clubs and districts should consider the following:
• Activities must be sustainable and measurable. For example: How will a scholar’s studies support one or more of the areas of focus?
• Activities should stem from real community needs.
• Global grants must be sponsored by two Rotary clubs or districts: a host partner in the country where the activity takes place and an international partner outside the country. Both partners must be Future Vision pilot members.
• Both partners must be actively involved in the planning and implementing of all global grants. This includes maintaining communication and developing plans for the shared responsibilities in all of the grant’s stages.
All Rotary Foundation Global Grant applications will be accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year. The application involves a two-step online process:
For club- and district-developed global grants, Rotarians will submit a brief online proposal before submitting a formal application. The proposal should provide an overview of the grant activity’s objectives and demonstrate how the activities fit within an area of focus. This process is designed to increase the acceptance rate of grant applications.
Once a proposal has been accepted, Rotarians will submit an online application that provides the Foundation with more detailed grant activity and budget information. (Depending on the award amount or complexity of the project, the Foundation may request additional details.)
You can contact the Rotary clubs in your respective countries (see contact details below) to inquire on how to be sponsored for the grant.
It is important to read the how to apply page and visit the official website for details on how to apply for the study grants.
Use the Rotary Club Locator to find contact information for Rotary clubs in your area/country.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.rotary.org/en/Members/RunningADistrict/FutureVisionPilotProgram/Pages/fv_global_grants.aspx
Found this useful? Share it!
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship announcement. This website is for general information purposes only. For official information and specific details including updated deadlines and instructions, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from this website is strictly at your own risk. Please see our Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions for more information.
More Scholarships Like This »
- Rotary International Peace Fellowships
- Swedish Institute Study Scholarships for International Students
- Global Scholarships for International Students at York University
- Lund University Global Scholarships in Sweden
- Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship Programme
- Bristol University International Scholarships
- Edinburgh Global Development Academy Scholarships
- UWE Global Student Scholarships for International Students
- University of Lausanne Master’s Grants for Foreign Students
- American University Global Scholarships for International Students
- UNIPV International Scholarships for Developing Countries
- International Student Scholarships at Humber College Canada
- USA Fulbright Scholarships for International Students
- Heinrich Boll Scholarships in Germany for International Students
- Edinburgh Global Masters Scholarships for International Students
- UEA International Development Scholarships for Students from Developing Countries
- Chevening UK Scholarships for International Students
- Denmark Government Scholarships for International Students
- UMGF Scholarships in Canada for International Students
- MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program for Africans
More Scholarships in the Same Category »
♦ Field of Study: Any field of study,
♦ Place of Study: Any Country,