Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for Developing Countries
Last updated: 02 Sep 2012
Deadline:around Dec-Jan (annual)
Study in: European Countries
Course starts Aug-Sept 2013
The European Union offers fully-funded Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for Masters programmes and Doctorate programmes to students coming from developing countries.
These scholarships are exclusively awarded to students that have been selected to attend one of the Erasmus Mundus Joint Programmes at Masters or Doctorate level.
European Universities/Institutions participating under approved Erasmus Mundus Action Joint Programmes.
Field(s) of Study:
For 2013-2014, about 139 Masters courses and 43 Joint Doctorate courses are supported by scholarships. The field(s) of study covered are: Agriculture and Veterinary, Engineering, Manufacture and Construction, Health and Welfare, Humanities and Arts, Science, Mathematics and Computing, and Social Sciences, Business and Law.
Number of Awards:
From the period of 2009-2013, about 5,300 Masters students and 440 Doctoral students from developing countries will be awarded with an Erasmus Mundus Scholarship.
Students from developing/emerging countries who do not come from the 27 Member States of the EU and who are not residents nor have carried out their main activity (studies, training or work) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in one of these countries.
The programme offers full-time scholarships and/or fellowships that cover the living costs, tuition fees, travelling and insurance costs of the students.
Scholarship amounts can vary according to the level of studies/teaching/research, their duration (3 months to 3 years) and the grantee’s nationality (scholarships for non-EU individuals are higher than for EU individuals).
Please note that each Erasmus Mundus Joint Programme defines its own selection criteria and admission procedures. Students or scholars should contact the Consortium offering the Masters /Doctoral Programmes for more information.
For the academic year 2013/2014 you are advised to consult in advance the websites of each of the Erasmus Mundus Joint Programmes (Masters/Doctorates) that interest you. There you will find all necessary information concerning the content of the course, its structure, the scholarship amounts as well as the application and selection procedures. Deadline varies from program to program. The deadline varies per programme but is around October to January annually.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Since each individual joint programme consortium is responsible for its own application and selection procedures (and timetable), interested candidates should consult the relevant website in order to take notice of these procedures. If necessary, they should contact the consortium for further information.
You will find further information on the Action 1 of the Erasmus Mundus Joint Programmes in the updated version of the “frequently asked questions” (FAQs).
Official Scholarship Website: http://eacea.ec.europa.eu/erasmus_mundus/funding/scholarships_students_academics_en.php#1
Erasmus Mundus Programme Guidelines 2009-2013 (See Chapters 4 & 5): http://eacea.ec.europa.eu/erasmus_mundus/programme/documents/guide_emdec09_%20en.pdf
See also the partial List of Scholarships in Europe
Found this useful? Share it!
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship announcement. This website is for general information purposes only. For official information and specific details including updated deadlines and instructions, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from this website is strictly at your own risk. Please see our Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions for more information.
More Scholarships Like This »
- VLIR-UOS Training Scholarships for Developing Countries
- VLIR-UOS Scholarships for Developing Countries
- CUD Scholarships in Belgium for Developing Countries
- Netherlands Fellowship Program for Short Courses
- Ghent Masters Scholarships in Belgium for Developing Countries
- UNIPV International Scholarships for Developing Countries
- United Nations University Scholarships for Developing Country Students
- Australia Awards Fellowships for Developing Countries
- Eric Bleumink Scholarships for Developing Countries
- Westminster International Scholarships for Developing Countries
- Quota Scholarships in Norway for Developing Countries
- Westminster Undergraduate Scholarships for Developing Countries
- Netherlands Fellowship Program for Master’s, PhD, and Short Courses
- DAAD Scholarships with Special Relevance for Developing Countries
- UEA International Development Scholarships for Students from Developing Countries
- IDB Scholarships for Muslims in Africa and Asia
- Japan Human Resource Development Scholarships (JDS) for Developing Countries in Asia
- Weidenfeld Scholarship Programme for Developing Countries
- UM High Potential Scholarships for International Students
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program for Developing Countries in Asia
More Scholarships in the Same Category »
♦ Field of Study: Agriculture, Forestry, and Fisheries, Any field of study, Development Studies, Economics & Finance, Education, Engineering, Environmental Management, Health, Human Development, Humanities, Journalism, Law and Public Policy, MBA, Natural Resources Management, Natural Sciences, Peace, Science and Technology, Social Sciences, Urban Environmental Management, Water Management,
♦ Target Group: Africans,