VLIR-UOS Training Scholarships for Developing Countries
Last updated: 22 Nov 2013 |
Deadline:Feb-Apr 2015 (annual) Study in: Belgium Course starts 2015
With the International Training Programme, VLIR-UOS funds practical trainings of 1 to 4 months on a development oriented subject taught in English at Flemish universities and university colleges.
Participating Academic Institutions and Universities in Belgium
International Training Programmes for 2015:
• Dairy Nutrition. Application now open, deadline 1 March 2015
• Technology for Integrated Water Management. Application now open, deadline 20 February 2015
• Food Safety, Quality Assurance Systems and Risk Analysis. Application now open, deadline 1 March 2015
• Lib@Web: Management of Electronic Information and Digital Libraries. Applications now open, deadline 1 February 2015
• Human Rights for Development (‘HR4DEV’). Application will open at end of January 2015
• Road safety in Low and Middle-Income Countries: Challenges and Strategies for Improvement. Applications now open, deadline 12 April 2015
• AudioVisual Learning Materials – Management, Production and Activities (AVLM). Application now open, deadline 31 March 2015
Number of Awards:
Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, South Africa
Asia: Bangladesh, Cambodia, Philippines, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Laos, Nepal, Palestinian Territories, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam
Latin America: Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Haiti, Mexico, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay
VLIR-UOS provides full scholarships for the total duration of the training including allowance of € 32/day, several one-time payments, accommodation, insurance, international travel and tuition fee.
You can only apply for a scholarship if you meet the following requisites. You must:
- • Be national and resident of one of the 54 eligible countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America at the moment of application. It is not necessary to be resident and national of the same country, so long as it concerns one of the 54 eligible countries.
- • Age: 40 years* or less for a Master programme or 45 years* or less for a training (* on 1 January of the year of the start of the course).
- • Meet the academic admission criteria set by the university or university college, concerning educational background, language proficiency, etc. You can find the academic admission criteria on the programme websites.
- • Not work in the commercial profit sector, as we target candidates from education and research institutions, the government sector, social economy and NGOs.
- • For a training: have relevant professional experience and a written (future) employer’s statement of (re)integration in an employment where the acquired knowledge and skills will be immediately applicable. The statement should also confirm the added value of the training for the candidate and the organization.
Please read the complete eligibility requirements.
To apply for a scholarship, you first need to apply for the training programme. To apply for a training programme, visit the website of the training programme of your interest. Follow the guidelines for application for the programme as mentioned on its website. In the programme application, you can mention whether you wish to apply for a scholarship. In case you do, the programme coordinator forwards your application to VLIR-UOS. Applications that are sent to VLIR-UOS directly by the candidate will not be considered. Deadline varies depending on the course but is around Feb-April 2015.
It is important to visit the main website (links found above) or the specific Training Programme you have chosen for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.vliruos.be/en/project-funding/programdetail/international-training-programme-itp_3958/
Related Scholarships: List of Training Scholarships
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship page. This is only a one-page summarized listing of the scholarship. While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, information may change at any time without notice. For complete and updated information, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from scholars4dev.com is strictly at your own risk. Please read our full Disclaimer for more information.