VLIR-UOS Training Scholarships for Developing Countries
Last updated: 22 Nov 2013
Deadline:Feb 2014 (annual)
Study in: Belgium
Course starts 2014
VLIR-UOS awards training scholarships in Belgium to students from developing countries . In short training programmes, lasting one to four months, the focus is on transferring skills rather than knowledge, thus creating opportunities for cooperation and networking.
Academic Institutions and Universities in Belgium:
• Universiteit Antwerpen
• Universiteit Gent
• Vrije Universiteit Brussel
International Training Programmes for 2014:
• Lib@Web : Management of Electronic Information and Digital Libraries
• AudioVisual Learning Materials – Media and Learning Unit (AVLM)
• Human Rights for Development (‘HR4DEV’)
• Road safety in Low and Middle-Income Countries: Challenges and Strategies for Improvement
• Technology for Integrated Water Management
• Dairy Nutrition
• International Training Programme in Food Safety, Quality Assurance Systems and Risk Analysis
Number of Awards:
Residents and nationals of the following countries are eligible for a VLIR-UOS scholarship:
Algeria, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Palestinian Administered Areas, Philippines, Vietnam
Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Cuba, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Nicaragua, Peru, Surinam
The scholarships cover all related expenses.
The deadline for applications is determined by the programme. Check the list of eligible programmes 2014 to find out which calls for scholarships are currently open. You can apply for a scholarship by following the guidelines for application on the website of the training or master programme of your interest. In case of doubt, please contact the training or master programme. Applications that are sent to VLIR-UOS directly by the candidate will not be considered.
It is important to visit the main website (links found above) or the specific Training Programme you have chosen for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.scholarships.vliruos.be/4273.aspx
Related Scholarships: List of Training Scholarships
- CIUF-CUD Scholarships in Belgium for Developing Countries
- One World Scholarship Program for Developing Countries at Austrian Universities
- IDB Scholarships for Muslim Communities in Non-Member Countries
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program for Developing Countries in Asia and Pacific
- Netherlands Fellowship Program for Short Courses, Masters, PhD
- Reach Oxford Scholarships for Developing Country Students
- INSEAD-Syngenta MBA Scholarships for Developing Country Leaders
- Leiden University Excellence Scholarships (LexS)
- Nottingham Developing Solutions Scholarships
- Bocconi Scholarships in Italy for International Students
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship announcement. This is only an organized summary of the scholarship. For complete and updated information, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from this website is strictly at your own risk. Please see our Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions for more information.