CUD Scholarships in Belgium for Developing Countries
Last updated: 06 Sep 2012
Deadline: 13 Feb 2013* (annual)
Study in: Belgium
Course starts September 2013
The University Commission for Development (CUD) provides scholarships to international students for study in Belgium It is responsible for the implementation of the policy of university cooperation for development. CUD provides cutting-edge international trainings and courses for development.
Participating universities and academic institutions in Belgium
Fields of study:
• Master in Aquaculture
• Master in Transport Management
• Master in Public Health – Guidance Health and Development
• Master in Science and Environmental Management in Developing Countries
• Master in Management of Animal and Plant Resources in Tropical Environments
• Master in Management of Natural Risks
• Master in Science and Technology of Foods
• Master in Transfusion Medicine
• European Master in Microfinance
• Master in Protecting Tropical and Subtropical Crops
• Master in International Economics and Development
• Master in Development, Environment and Societies
• Master in Public Health Methodology
• Internship in the Use of Information Technologies and Communication in the University Libraries
• Internship in Geographic Information System
• Internship in Management Systems Health Services – economics and resource management / planning (network A) – Management Science and Research in Health Systems (chain B)
• Methodological Stage in Supporting Innovation in Family Agriculture
• Internship in Environment and Sustainable Management of Mineral Resources
Number of Awards:
Within the programme for international courses and training programmes 2013-2014, CIUF grants 150 scholarships for participation into the Master’s courses and and 70 for participation into the training programmes.
The scholarships are for nationals of South Africa, Algeria, Bangladesh, Benin, Bolivia, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, China, Colombia, Ivory Coast, Cuba, Ecuador, Ethiopia, Guatemala, Guinea, Haïti, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Nicaragua, Niger, Uganda, Peru, Philippines, Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda, El Salvador, Senegal, Suriname, Tanzania, Palestinian territories, Vietnam, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Details not provided by scholarship provider. Please inquire with the scholarship provider for more information on the coverage of the scholarship.
The following criteria will apply for the selection of holders of scholarships:
1. Only applicants originating in developing countries, qualify for selection. To be eligible, candidates must reside and work in their country at the time of the introduction of the file.
2. ONLY the nationals of the selected countries (see above) are authorized to postulate with the CUD Scholarships.
3. At the beginning of the programme, candidates must be less than 40 years old for courses, and less than 45 years old for training programmes.
4. Candidates must be holders of a degree that is comparable to a Belgian University graduate degree (“licence”). However, for certain programmes different rules of admissibility may be defined, and these are specified hereafter, where appropriate.
5. Candidates must show professional experience of at least two years upon termination of their studies. Where candidates are holders of a postgraduate degree delivered by an university of an industrial country, they must show professional experience of at least three years upon termination of their studies.
6. Candidates must have a good knowledge of written and spoken French; for programmes organised in another language, good knowledge, in writing and speaking, of this language, is required. Moreover, the candidate will be asked to commit himself to study French in order to be able to participate in daily life in Belgium.
7. Candidates are not allowed to apply for more than one programme.
NOTE: Each Master’s and Training Program has its own eligibility requirements. Please see the complete description of each program.
Applications must be sent to CUD before 13 February 2013 and before 18 January 2013 for the following trainings:
• Internship at the Use of Information Technologies and Communication in University Library
• Internship methodological innovation support in family farming.
Applying for a grant from the CUD is absolutely FREE. Any application containing an envelope with money will be automatically rejected.
It is important to read the how-to-apply page and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.cud.be/content/view/339/208/lang,/
Related Link: List of Belgium Scholarships
Found this useful? Share it!
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship announcement. This website is for general information purposes only. For official information and specific details including updated deadlines and instructions, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from this website is strictly at your own risk. Please see our Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions for more information.
More Scholarships Like This »
- Ghent Scholarships in Belgium for Developing Countries
- VLIR-UOS Scholarships for Developing Countries
- Quota Scholarships in Norway for Developing Countries
- VLIR-UOS Training Scholarships for Developing Countries
- DAAD Scholarships with Special Relevance for Developing Countries
- United Nations University Scholarships for Developing Country Students
- UEA International Development Scholarships for Students from Developing Countries
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for Developing Countries
- Westminster International Scholarships for Developing Countries
- University of Bradford Scholarships for Developing Countries in Crisis
- Westminster Undergraduate Scholarships for Developing Countries
- DAAD Masters Scholarships in Public Policy and Good Governance
- Netherlands Fellowship Program for Master’s, PhD, and Short Courses
- Weidenfeld Scholarship Programme for Developing Countries
- Joint Japan/World Bank Scholarships in Development for International Students
- Eiffel Scholarships in France for International Students
- Hubert Humphrey Fellowships in USA for International Students
- UNIPV International Scholarships for Developing Countries
- WMF Scholarships for Developing Country Students
- Australia Awards Fellowships for Developing Countries
More Scholarships in the Same Category »
♦ Field of Study: Agriculture, Forestry, and Fisheries, Development Studies, Economics & Finance, Environmental Management, Health, Natural Resources Management, Natural Sciences, Urban Environmental Management, Water Management,