CIUF-CUD Scholarships in Belgium for Developing Countries
Last updated: 03 Oct 2013
Deadline: 12 Feb 2014 (annual)
Study in: Belgium
Course starts September 2014
The University Commission for Development (CUD) provides scholarships to international students for study in Belgium It is responsible for the implementation of the policy of university cooperation for development. CUD provides cutting-edge international trainings and courses for development.
Participating universities and academic institutions in Belgium
Fields of study:
• Master in Aquaculture
• Master in Transport Management
• Master in Public Health – Guidance Health and Development
• Master in Science and Environmental Management in Developing Countries
• Master in Management of Animal and Plant Resources in Tropical Environments
• Master in Management of Natural Risks
• Master in Science and Technology of Foods
• Master in Transfusion Medicine
• European Master in Microfinance
• Master in Protecting Tropical and Subtropical Crops
• Master in International Economics and Development
• Master in Development, Environment and Societies
• Master in Public Health Methodology
• Internship in the Use of Information Technologies and Communication in the University Libraries
• Internship in Geographic Information System
• Internship in Management Systems Health Services – economics and resource management / planning (network A) – Management Science and Research in Health Systems (chain B)
• Methodological Stage in Supporting Innovation in Family Agriculture
• Internship in Environment and Sustainable Management of Mineral Resources
Number of Awards:
Within the programme for international courses and training programmes 2014-2015, CIUF grants 150 scholarships for participation into the Master’s courses and and 70 for participation into the training programmes.
The scholarships are for nationals of South Africa, Algeria, Bangladesh, Benin, Bolivia, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, China, Colombia, Ivory Coast, Cuba, Ecuador, Ethiopia, Guatemala, Guinea, Haïti, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Nicaragua, Niger, Uganda, Peru, Philippines, Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda, El Salvador, Senegal, Suriname, Tanzania, Palestinian territories, Vietnam, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Details not provided by scholarship provider. Please inquire with the scholarship provider for more information on the coverage of the scholarship.
The following criteria will apply for the selection of holders of scholarships:
1. Only applicants originating in developing countries, qualify for selection. To be eligible, candidates must reside and work in their country at the time of the introduction of the file.
2. ONLY the nationals of the selected countries (see above) are authorized to postulate with the CUD Scholarships.
3. At the beginning of the programme, candidates must be less than 40 years old for courses, and less than 45 years old for training programmes.
4. Candidates must be holders of a degree that is comparable to a Belgian University graduate degree (“licence”). However, for certain programmes different rules of admissibility may be defined, and these are specified hereafter, where appropriate.
5. Candidates must show professional experience of at least two years upon termination of their studies. Where candidates are holders of a postgraduate degree delivered by an university of an industrial country, they must show professional experience of at least three years upon termination of their studies.
6. Candidates must have a good knowledge of written and spoken French; for programmes organised in another language, good knowledge, in writing and speaking, of this language, is required. Moreover, the candidate will be asked to commit himself to study French in order to be able to participate in daily life in Belgium.
7. Candidates are not allowed to apply for more than one programme.
NOTE: Each Master’s and Training Program has its own eligibility requirements. Please see the complete description of each program.
The application form can be downloaded from their official website. It will be carefully completed and returned, ONLY by POST MAIL or EXPRESS MAIL, to CIUF, that must be in their possession at the latest by 12 February 2014.
It is important to read the how-to-apply page and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.cud.be/content/view/339/208/lang,/
Related Link: List of Belgium Scholarships
- VLIR-UOS Training Scholarships for Developing Countries
- One World Scholarship Program for Developing Countries at Austrian Universities
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program for Developing Countries in Asia and Pacific
- IDB Scholarships for Muslim Communities in Non-Member Countries
- Eiffel Scholarships in France for International Students
- Reach Oxford Scholarships for Developing Country Students
- University of Oulu Tuition Scholarships in Finland
- GeTMA Scholarships for International Students in Turkey/Germany
- Emile Boutmy Scholarships in France for International Students
- Netherlands Fellowship Program for Short Courses, Masters, PhD
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship announcement. This is only an organized summary of the scholarship. For complete and updated information, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from this website is strictly at your own risk. Please see our Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions for more information.