CUD ARES Scholarships in Belgium for Developing Countries
Last updated: 03 Oct 2013 | CURRENTLY CLOSED
Deadline: 10 Feb 2016 (annual)
Study in: Belgium
Course starts 2016
Within the framework of the Belgian policy for development cooperation, the Minister for Development Cooperation and the Directorate-General for Development Cooperation entrust the Belgian Higher Education Institutions with the preparation of Postgraduate Programmes(Advanced Masters) and Training Programmes that are specifically oriented towards young professionals from developing countries.
Participating universities and academic institutions in Belgium
Fields of study:
The courses are in the fields of aquaculture, health, food technology, economics, international development, GIS, information technology, agriculture, environment, etc.
See the full list of international Masters and Training Courses at this link.
Number of Awards:
For 2016-2017, ARES grants 130 scholarships for participation into the masters and 67 scholarships for participation into the training programmes.
The scholarships are for nationals of: Benin, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cuba, Ecuador, Haïti, Indonesia, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Niger, Peru, Philippines, Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda, Senegal, Vietnam.
Details not provided by scholarship provider. Please inquire with the scholarship provider for more information on the coverage of the scholarship.
The following criteria will apply for the selection of holders of scholarships:
1. Only applicants originating in developing countries, qualify for selection. To be eligible, candidates must reside and work in their country at the time of the introduction of the file.
2. ONLY the nationals of the selected countries (see above) are authorized to postulate with the Scholarships.
3. At the beginning of the programme, candidates must be less than 40 years old for courses, and less than 45 years old for training programmes.
4. Candidates must be holders of a degree that is comparable to a Belgian University graduate degree (“licence”). However, for certain programmes different rules of admissibility may be defined, and these are specified hereafter, where appropriate.
5. Candidates must show professional experience of at least two years upon termination of their studies. Where candidates are holders of a postgraduate degree delivered by an university of an industrial country, they must show professional experience of at least three years upon termination of their studies.
6. Candidates must have a good knowledge of written and spoken French; for programmes organised in another language, good knowledge, in writing and speaking, of this language, is required. Moreover, the candidate will be asked to commit himself to study French in order to be able to participate in daily life in Belgium.
7. Candidates are not allowed to apply for more than one programme.
NOTE: Each Master’s and Training Program has its own eligibility requirements. Please see the complete description of each program.
Applications are currently closed.
The application form can be downloaded from their official website. It will be carefully completed and returned, ONLY by POST MAIL or EXPRESS MAIL, to ARES-CCD, that must be in their possession at the latest by 10 February 2016 or before 11 January 2016 for certain courses.
It is important to read the how-to-apply page and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.ares-ac.be/csi-en
Related Link: List of Belgium Scholarships
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship page. This is only a one-page summarized listing of the scholarship. While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, information may change at any time without notice. For complete and updated information, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from scholars4dev.com is strictly at your own risk. Please read our full Disclaimer for more information.