OFID Scholarships Award for International Students
Last updated: 29 Jan 2013
Masters (MS) Degree
Deadline: 1 May 2013
Study in: any Country
Course starts Sept 2013
OFID (The OPEC Fund for International Development) is pleased to announce that qualified applicants who have obtained or are on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree and who wish to study for a Master’s degree are welcome to apply for the OFID Scholarship.
Any accredited university/college in the world
Field of Study:
Any field of study related to Development or Energy Studies
Number of Scholarships:
The OFID scholarship will be awarded to support one student or candidate for Master’s degree studies.
The applicant may be from any developing country:
In addition to nationals of OFID Member States (Algeria, Gabon, Indonesia, Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, GSP Libyan AJ, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Venezuela), nationals of the following countries are also eligible:
Africa: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burundi, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Chad, Central African Republic, Comoros, Congo DR , Republic of Congo, Cote d’lvoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Rwanda, São Tomé & Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Asia and the Middle East: Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bahrain, Bhutan, Cambodia, Fiji, India, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Korea D P R, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Lebanon, Maldives, Moldova, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Syria, Tajikistan, Thailand, Tonga, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen
Latin America and the Caribbean: Antigua & Barbuda, Belize, Barbados, Brazil, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Grenada, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guyana, Haiti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Peru, Panama, St. Christopher, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Uruguay
Europe: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo
The winner of the OFID Scholarship Award will receive a tuition support of up to US$50,000. The tuition fees, including any supplementary examination fees, as may be required by the academic institution, will be paid by OFID directly to the academic institution. Health insurance will be paid in accordance with the institution’s own standard medical scheme.
A monthly allowance to cover living expenses, books and accommodation, will be transferred to the student’s own personal bank account on a quarterly basis.
Prior to the start of his/her first year studies, the student will be paid a relocation grant, equal to two-month allowance. OFID will also pay for travel costs from the nearest airport to the student’s place of residence, to the nearest airport to the chosen place of study. Upon completion of the studies, the student will be paid the cost of one-way air ticket to his/her home country.
OFID (The OPEC Fund for International Development) is pleased to announce that qualified applicants
- - Must be between the ages of 23-32 at the time of submitting his/her application.
- - Must have obtained or be on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree with a Baccalaureate from an accredited college/university, or its equivalent.
- - Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 rating system, or its equivalent.
- - Must be matriculated at an accredited university for the upcoming academic year starting August/September 2013, and must maintain full-time status for the duration of the Master’s Degree.
- - Must be a national of a developing country (please see list of eligible countries below)
- - Must select a subject of study that pertains to OFID’s core mission, such as: economics of development (poverty reduction, energy and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields.
Applications are done online. Make sure that you fulfill the OFID Scholarship Award Eligibility Criteria before you apply. The application deadline is 1 May 2013.
Please do not call or email OFID to see if your application has been received (you will, in any case, receive an automated confirmation) or to inquire about your status. Only the winner will be notified by 13 June 2013 at OFID’s website.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.ofid.org/Portalvbvs/DesktopDefault.aspx
Found this useful? Share it!
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship announcement. This website is for general information purposes only. For official information and specific details including updated deadlines and instructions, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from this website is strictly at your own risk. Please see our Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions for more information.
More Scholarships Like This »
- Korean Government Scholarship Program for International Students
- UWE Global Student Scholarships for International Students
- Japanese Government Scholarships for International Students
- La Trobe Academic Excellence Scholarships for International Students
- International Water Leader Scholarships for International Students
- Turkiye Scholarships for International Students
- Melbourne University Scholarships for International Students
- Flinders University Scholarships for International Students
- Edinburgh Global Masters Scholarships for International Students
- Swiss Excellence Scholarships for Foreign Students
- London Met Scholarships for International Students
- GeTMA Scholarships for International Students in Turkey/Germany
- Hubert Humphrey Fellowships in USA for International Students
- University of Twente Scholarships for International Students
- UEA International Development Scholarships for Students from Developing Countries
- Eiffel Scholarships in France for International Students
- American University Global Scholarships for International Students
- University of Birmingham Scholarships for International Students
- Utrecht Excellence Scholarships for International Students
- Gates Cambridge Scholarships for International Students
More Scholarships in the Same Category »
♦ Level of Study: Masters,
♦ Field of Study: Agriculture, Forestry, and Fisheries, Any field of study, Development Studies, Economics & Finance, Education, Environmental Management, Health, Human Development, Law and Public Policy, Natural Resources Management, Peace, Social Sciences, Urban Environmental Management, Water Management,
♦ Place of Study: Any Country,
♦ Target Group: