OFID Scholarship Award for International Students
Last updated: 04 Feb 2016 | OPENS JAN 2017
Masters (MS) Degree
Deadline: 1 May 2016
Study in: any Country
Course starts Aug/Sept 2016
OFID’s Scholarship Program sponsors outstanding young students from developing countries who wish to pursue a Master’s degree studies in a relevant field of development, from any recognized university/college in the world.
Any accredited University around the world
Level/Field of Study:
Master’s Degree related to the economics of development (poverty reduction, energy and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields.
Number of Scholarships:
Nationals of developing countries (except OFID member countries).
The scholarships are worth up to $50,000 and covers the tuition fees, monthly allowance to cover living expenses, accommodation, insurance, books, relocation grants, and travel costs.
The funds will be spread over a maximum of one year, toward the completion of a Master’s degree.
• Must be between the ages of 23-32 at the time of submitting his/her application.
• Must have obtained or be on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree with a Baccalaureate from an accredited college/university, or its equivalent.
• Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 rating system, or its equivalent.
• Must be matriculated at an accredited university for the upcoming academic year starting August/September 2016, and must maintain full-time status for the duration of the Master’s Degree.
• Must be a national of a developing country (except OFID Member Countries)
• Must select a subject of study that pertains to OFID’s core mission, such as: economics of development (poverty reduction, energy and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields.
The next call for applications for the 2017/2018 OFID scholarship will take place in January 2017.
Make sure that you fulfill the OFID Scholarship Award Eligibility Criteria before you apply. To apply, you must fill out an application form and upload supporting documents online. The application deadline is 1 May 2016.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the online application portal and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.ofid.org/FOCUS-AREAS/Beyond-the-scope/Scholarship-Award
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship page. This is only a one-page summarized listing of the scholarship. While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, information may change at any time without notice. For complete and updated information, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from scholars4dev.com is strictly at your own risk. Please read our full Disclaimer for more information.