British Chevening Scholarships for International Students
Last updated: 08 Aug 2016 | CURRENTLY CLOSED
Deadline: 8 Nov 2016 (annual)
Study in: UK
Course starts Sept/Oct 2017
Chevening Scholarships are the UK government’s global scholarship programme, funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations. The programme offers awards to outstanding scholars with leadership potential from around the world to study for a master’s degree in any subject at any UK university.
Any university in the UK
Level/Field(s) of study:
Masters Degree Programme in any subject at any UK university
Number of Awards:
Around 1500 scholarships globally will be offered.
The scholarships are targeted to citizens of Chevening-eligible countries. See the official website for complete list of countries eligible for Chevening scholarships.
A Chevening Scholarship normally covers university tuition fees, a monthly stipend, travel costs to and from the UK, an arrival allowance, a homeward departure allowance, the cost of one visa application, and a travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK.
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship you must:
• Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country.
• Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your scholarship has ended
• Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry to a post-graduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK
• Have at least two years’ work experience
• Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 13 July 2017
• Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 13 July 2017
Applications are currently closed.
Applications for Chevening Awards can only be submitted using the Chevening online application system, available through the ‘apply’ button on your country’s page. Applications close on 8 November 2016 at 12:00 GMT (midday UK time).
It is important to visit your individual country page at the official website for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.chevening.org/
Related Scholarships: List of UK Scholarships
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship page. This is only a one-page summarized listing of the scholarship. While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, information may change at any time without notice. For complete and updated information, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from scholars4dev.com is strictly at your own risk. Please read our full Disclaimer for more information.