DAAD Scholarships for Development-Related Postgraduate Courses
Last updated: 24 Mar 2014 |
Masters (MS) Degree
Deadline: 31 July/15 Oct (annual)
Study in: Germany
Next course starts 2015
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) provides scholarships in Germany for international students for a range of postgraduate courses at German Universities which aim at providing academically educated young professionals from developing countries with further specialized studies.
German Universities offering development-related postgraduate courses
Field(s) of Study:
Number of Scholarships:
International students and young professionals from developing countries in Africa, Asia, Pacific Islands, Central and South America and Central and Eastern Europe. (See the DAC List of the OECD)
Full and partial DAAD scholarships are available.
• Works either for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and, as such, is engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, economic or social areas
• Holds a Bachelor’s degree (normally four years) in a related subject.
• Has completed an academic degree with far above average results (upper third) and at least two years of related professional experience
• His/her academic degrees should normally not be more than six years old
• For courses in German: DSH 2 or TestDaF 4; at time of application German skills at completed level A2 are required. In addition, German language courses at level A2 or B1 are highly recommended
• For courses in English: IELTS (Band 6) certiﬁ cate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper based, 213 computer based, 80 internet based).
Please also see if you meet the eligibility requirements of the programme you are applying to.
Applications must be made directly to the university except for Cameroon, Myanmar and Nigeria where applications must be submitted via the German Embassy. Please refer to the respective websites of the Universities for the application procedure, the application deadline, and the documents to be submitted. Deadline varies per University but is usually around October 2014 for most courses while application deadline at the German Embassy is 31 July 2014.
It is important to visit the official website to access the application form and for complete information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.daad.de/entwicklung/studierende_und_alumni/bildung_postgradual/ast/08492.en.html
Related Scholarships: List of Scholarships in Germany for International Students
- Netherlands Fellowship Program for Short Courses, Masters, PhD
- UEA International Development Scholarships for International Students
- Edinburgh Global Development Academy Scholarships
- University of Bradford Global Development Scholarships
- Canon Collins Postgraduate Scholarships for Africans
- New Zealand Development Scholarships (NZDS)
- GeTMA Scholarships for International Students in Turkey/Germany
- Rotary Foundation Global Scholarship Grants for Development
- University of Sydney International Scholarships (USydIS)
- Edinburgh Global Masters Scholarships
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship announcement. This is only a structured summary of the scholarship. For complete and updated information, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from this website is strictly at your own risk. Please see our Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions for more information.