DAAD Scholarships with Special Relevance for Developing Countries
Last updated: 23 Apr 2013
Masters (MS) Degree
Deadline: 31 July (annual)
Study in: Germany
Course starts September 2013
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) provides scholarships in Germany for international students for a range of postgraduate courses at German Universities which aim at providing academically educated young professionals from developing countries with further specialized studies.
These degree courses, which consist of one to two years of concentrated study, provide academically-trained young professionals in leading positions from developing countries with the opportunity to engage in postgraduate education and training in their particular field or profession.
German Universities offering postgraduate courses with relevance to developing countries.
Field(s) of Study:
Postgraduate courses are offered in the following fields:
• Economic Sciences / Business Administration / Political Economics
• Development Co-operation
• Engineering and Related Sciences
• Regional Planning
• Agriculture and Forest Sciences
• Environmental Sciences
• Medicine and Public Health
• Veterinary Medicine
• Sociology and Education
View the list of selected programmes for 2013/2014.
Number of Scholarships:
The DAAD Germany Scholarships are for international students and young professionals from developing countries in Africa, Asia, Pacific Islands, Central and South America and Central and Eastern Europe. (See the DAC List of the OECD)
The DAAD pays a monthly scholarship installment, currently set at EUR 750.00. In addition, the scholarship includes costs for health, accident and liability insurance in Germany and an adequate travelling allowance, in so far as the home country or another donor is not already covering these expenses. Furthermore, the DAAD pays an annual research grant. However, the universities might charge additional fess not covered by the scholarship (e.g., enrolment fee, semester ticket, etc.).
• Will come either from a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and, as such, be engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, economic or social areas.
• Holds a Bachelor’s degree (4 years) in related subject.
• Will have completed an academic degree far beyond average and at least two years of related professional experience.
• Is not older than 36 (for some courses the age limit is 32), and his/her respective academic degrees should normally not be older than 3 years. Concerning a possible age limit, please refer to the course details on the following pages.
• For courses in German: DSH 2 or TestDaF 4; at time of application German skills at completed level A2 are required. In addition, German language courses at level A3 or B1 are highly recommended.
• For courses in English: TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper based, 213 computer based, 80 internet based) or IELTS (band 6) certificate.
Please also see if you meet the eligibility requirements of the programme you are applying to.
Scholarship applicants can apply at the German embassy or DAAD regional office, directly at the DAAD in Bonn or directly to the university. For Cameroon, Myanmar, Nigeria it is highly recommended to submit the applications only via the German Embassy.
The applicant should submit the complete requirements as found in this link. The applicant also needs to follow separate specific application requirements and instructions (if any) set by a course.
Application deadlines for DAAD-scholarships are as follows:
•At German embassies and/or at the DAAD regional offices: 31 July
• At the DAAD section 431 in Bonn/Germany: 30 August
• At the respective universities in Germany: 30 September or 15 October
Important Note: Applicants should make sure to check information regarding university-specific application closing dates directly with the individual universities because they may vary from the general deadlines listed above.
It is important to read the 2013-2014 Scholarship Booklet and visit the official website to access the application form and for complete information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.daad.de/entwicklung/studierende_und_alumni/bildung_postgradual/ast/08492.en.html
Related Scholarships: List of Scholarships in Germany for International Students
Found this useful? Share it!
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship announcement. This website is for general information purposes only. For official information and specific details including updated deadlines and instructions, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from this website is strictly at your own risk. Please see our Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions for more information.
More Scholarships Like This »
- DAAD Masters Scholarships in Public Policy and Good Governance
- UEA International Development Scholarships for Students from Developing Countries
- Weidenfeld Scholarship Programme for Developing Countries
- Quota Scholarships in Norway for Developing Countries
- Westminster International Scholarships for Developing Countries
- Westminster Undergraduate Scholarships for Developing Countries
- GeTMA Scholarships for International Students in Turkey/Germany
- WMF Scholarships for Developing Country Students
- Eiffel Scholarships in France for International Students
- Ghent Masters Scholarships in Belgium for Developing Countries
- Hubert Humphrey Fellowships in USA for International Students
- Malaysia International Scholarships (MIS)
- Emile Boutmy Scholarships for International Students at Sciences Po University
- Cardiff University Scholarships for International Students
- Korean Government Scholarship Program for International Students
- Turkiye Scholarships for International Students
- University of Sydney International Scholarships (USydIS)
- OFID Scholarships Award for International Students
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS) at Australian Universities
- University of Bradford Scholarships for Developing Countries in Crisis
More Scholarships in the Same Category »
♦ Level of Study: Masters,
♦ Field of Study: Agriculture, Forestry, and Fisheries, Any field of study, Development Studies, Economics & Finance, Engineering, Environmental Management, Health, Human Development, Law and Public Policy, MBA, Natural Sciences, Peace, Social Sciences,