DAAD Scholarships in Germany for Development-Related Postgraduate Courses
Last updated: 21 Apr 2016 |
Deadline: Aug-Oct 2016 (annual)
Study in: Germany
Next course starts AY 2017/2018
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) provides scholarships in Germany for international students for a range of postgraduate courses at German Universities which aim at providing academically educated young professionals from developing countries with further specialized studies.
German Universities offering development-related postgraduate courses
Level/Field(s) of Study:
Number of Scholarships:
Young professionals from developing countries
The scholarships include monthly payments of 750 euros for graduates or 1,000 euros for doctoral candidates; payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover; and travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding.
The scholarship duration is 12 to 24 months (depending on the particular institution)
• Works either for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and, as such, is engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, economic or social areas.
• Holds a Bachelor’s degree (normally four years) in a related subject.
• Has completed an academic degree with far above average results (upper third) and at least two years of related professional experience.
• His/her academic degrees should normally not be more than six years old.
• For courses in German: DSH 2 or TestDaF 4; at time of application German skills at completed level A2 are required. In addition, German language courses at level A2 or B1 are highly recommended.
• For courses in English: IELTS (Band 6) certifi cate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper based, 213 computer based, 80 internet based)
Applications must be made directly to the respective course except for Cameroon where applications must be submitted via the German Embassy. Please refer to the respective course websites for the application procedure, the application deadline, and the documents to be submitted. Deadline varies depending on the course but falls around August-October 2016.
It is important to read the 2017/2018 brochure and visit the official website to access the application form and for complete information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Related Scholarships: List of Scholarships in Germany for International Students
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship page. This is only a one-page summarized listing of the scholarship. While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, information may change at any time without notice. For complete and updated information, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from scholars4dev.com is strictly at your own risk. Please read our full Disclaimer for more information.