Hubert Humphrey Fellowships in USA for International Students
Last updated: 14 May 2013
Study in: USA
Program starts Apr-Sept 2014
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program provides a year of professional enrichment in the United States for experienced professionals from designated countries throughout the world. Fellows are selected based on their potential for leadership and their commitment to public service in either the public or private sector.
The Humphrey Program is a non-degree-granting program. Participants may complete academic coursework at their host university to update their academic and professional knowledge in their field, but they do not receive an academic degree as a result of their participation in the program.
Fellows are placed at one of eighteen (8) participating USA universities. Fellows are not able to choose which university they will attend. Rather, they are assigned to the most appropriate host institution based on their area of interest and professional field.
Field of study:
• Agricultural and Rural Development
• Economic Development
• Educational Administration, Planning and Policy
• Finance and Banking
• Higher Education Administration
• HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
• Human Resource Management
• Law and Human Rights
• Natural Resources, Environmental Policy, and Climate Change
• Public Health Policy and Management
Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
Substance Abuse Education, Treatment and Prevention
Teaching of English as a Foreign Language
Technology Policy and Management
Trafficking in Persons Policy and Prevention
Urban and Regional Planning
Number of Awards:
Approximately 160-190 are awarded with the fellowship each year.
The Fellowship provides for:
• Payment of tuition and fees at the assigned host university;
• Pre-academic English language training, if required;
• A maintenance (living) allowance, including a one-time settling-in allowance;
• Accident and sickness coverage;
• A book allowance;
• A one-time computer subsidy;
• Air travel (international travel to and from the U.S. for the program and domestic travel to required program events);
• A Professional Development allowance for professional activities, such as field trips, professional visits and conferences.
The applicant must have:
• an undergraduate (first university) degree,
• a minimum of five years of substantial professional experience,
• limited or no prior experience in the United States,
• demonstrated leadership qualities,
• a record of public service in the community, and
• strong English skills.
Please contact the U.S. Embassy, Public Affairs Section or Fulbright Commission in your country of residence to learn about possible specific program requirements (link found below).
The deadlines for applicants vary by country but falls around May to September each year. Please check with the Embassy or Fulbright Commission in your country to learn about the exact deadline for submitting applications. Embassies and Commissions must submit their nominations to the Institute of International Education office in Washington, DC by 1 October.
Please contact the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy or Bi-national Fulbright Commission in your country for more information about application procedures. It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://humphreyfellowship.org/
Related Scholarships: List of USA Scholarship Grants
Found this useful? Share it!
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship announcement. This website is for general information purposes only. For official information and specific details including updated deadlines and instructions, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from this website is strictly at your own risk. Please see our Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions for more information.
More Scholarships Like This »
- GeTMA Scholarships for International Students in Turkey/Germany
- Eiffel Scholarships in France for International Students
- Joint Japan/World Bank Scholarships in Development for International Students
- USA Fulbright Scholarships for International Students
- UWE Global Student Scholarships for International Students
- University of Twente Scholarships for International Students
- DAAD Masters Scholarships in Public Policy and Good Governance
- International Water Leader Scholarships for International Students
- Korean Government Scholarship Program for International Students
- Japanese Government Scholarships for International Students
- Turkiye Scholarships for International Students
- University of Adelaide Fully-funded Scholarships for Outstanding International Students
- Melbourne University Scholarships for International Students
- Gates Cambridge Scholarships for International Students
- UEA International Development Scholarships for Students from Developing Countries
- Quota Scholarships in Norway for Developing Countries
- Flinders University Scholarships for International Students
- Vanier Canada Scholarships for International Students
- La Trobe Academic Excellence Scholarships for International Students
- Emile Boutmy Scholarships for International Students at Sciences Po University
More Scholarships in the Same Category »
♦ Field of Study: Agriculture, Forestry, and Fisheries, Development Studies, Economics & Finance, Education, Environmental Management, Health, Human Development, Humanities, Journalism, Law and Public Policy, Urban Environmental Management,
♦ Place of Study: USA,