Harvard Fellowships in Sustainability Science
Last updated: 16 Sep 2009
Deadline: 1 Dec 2010 (annual)
Study in: USA
Next program starts September 2011
The Sustainability Science Program at Harvard University’s Center for International Development offers doctoral, post-doctoral, and mid-career fellowships in Sustainability Science. The fellowships are tenable at the Center for International Development during Harvard’s academic year beginning in September 2010. Fellowships are available for 10 months (September 2010-May 2011), 12 months (September 2010-August 2011), the fall semester (September-December 2010), the spring semester (February-May 2011), or for two academic years (post-doctoral fellows only) (September 2010-August 2012).
he Sustainability Science Program at Harvard’s Center for International Development seeks to facilitate the design, implementation, and evaluation of effective interventions that promote sustainable development.
Center for International Development at Harvard University, USA
Fields of study:
Natural and social sciences as well as relevant professions.
Number of Awards:
Each year, the Sustainability Science Program recruits approximately 15-20 fellows to work with one another and with Harvard faculty.
Doctoral and post-doctoral students and mid-career professionals engaged in research or practice that advances the goals of the Sustainable Science Program.
The Sustainability Science Fellowship is based on a 12-month stipend of $48,000 for post-doctoral fellows, $25,000 for doctoral fellows, and a negotiated amount for mid-career fellows depending on their citizenship, current salary, current employment location, seniority, and other sources of support. Fellows may also obtain funding from their own academic institutions, outside foundations, and personal resources. Read more about the support given by the program here.
Special funding for the Giorgio Ruffolo Fellowships in Sustainability Science is available to support citizens of Italy or developing countries who are therefore especially encouraged to apply.
The Sustainability Science Fellowships are open to advanced doctoral and post-doctoral students, and to mid-career professionals engaged in research or practice that advances the goals of the program (see above). Prospective fellows should have a focused personal research or writing objective that is consistent with those goals. In addition, applicants should be interested in spending some of their time as fellows in collaborations with other fellows and faculty in the program in ways that will advance the interdisciplinary, problem-driven agenda of sustainability science more broadly.
Applications for the mid-career fellowships are invited from individuals in governmental, non-governmental, private organizations, or academia with at least five years of professional experience doing work involved in linking science and practice for sustainable development.
Applications for the post-doctoral fellowships are welcome from recent recipients of the Ph.D. or equivalent degree. (Applicants must have completed their Ph.D. between 2006 and May 2010.) Applicants for a doctoral fellowship must currently be enrolled in a doctoral program and have passed their qualifying exams (completed coursework and passed oral and/or written exams) by May 2010.
Applicants whose doctoral programs do not require qualifying exams must have completed all the required coursework for the Ph.D., since fellows will not be doing course work while at Harvard. Applications are solicited from individuals working in the natural and social sciences as well as relevant professions.
It is important to view this link and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Applications for the 2011 fellowship are due 1 December 2010.
See the website for more information.
Official Scholarship Website and FAQs: http://www.hks.harvard.edu/centers/cid/programs/sustsci/grants-fellowships/fellows/fellowships-in-sustainability-science
Found this useful? Share it!
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship announcement. This website is for general information purposes only. For official information and specific details including updated deadlines and instructions, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from this website is strictly at your own risk. Please see our Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions for more information.
More Scholarships Like This »
- Hubert Humphrey Fellowships in USA for International Students
- Rotary International Peace Fellowships
- UMGF Scholarships in Canada for International Students
- KAAD Scholarships in Germany for Developing Countries
- Heinrich Boll Scholarships in Germany for International Students
- GeTMA Scholarships for International Students in Turkey/Germany
- Bocconi Scholarships in Italy for International Students
- United Nations University Scholarships for Developing Country Students
- CUD Scholarships in Belgium for Developing Countries
- DAAD Masters Scholarships in Public Policy and Good Governance
- MUIS Scholarships in Australia for International Students
- Eiffel Scholarships in France for International Students
- Lund University Global Scholarships in Sweden
- Quota Scholarships in Norway for Developing Countries
- Vanier Canada Scholarships for International Students
- Netherlands Fellowship Program for Short Courses
- Malaysia International Scholarships (MIS)
- Netherlands Fellowship Program for Master’s, PhD, and Short Courses
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for Developing Countries
- University of Adelaide Fully-funded Scholarships for Outstanding International Students
More Scholarships in the Same Category »
♦ Place of Study: USA,