Melbourne International Research Scholarships (MIRS)
Last updated: 26 Sep 2013
University of Melbourne
Deadline: 31 Oct/31 May (annual)
Study in: Australia
Next course starts 2014
The Melbourne International Research Scholarships (MIRS) is awarded to international students wishing to undertake graduate research degree studies at the University of Melbourne. MIRSs are funded by the University with each faculty having a limited number to award.
University of Melbourne, Australia
Field of study:
Any graduate research degree offered at University of Melbourne
Number of Awards:
Each year the University offers about 200 new Melbourne Research Scholarships (MRSs), of which about 150 are normally awarded to international students as MIRSs.
International students who wish to study at University of Melbourne.
Benefits provided by the MIRS include:
• Living allowance of $24,653 per annum (2013 rate)
• Relocation Grant of $2,000 awarded to students who are moving from interstate in order to study at the University of Melbourne or $3,000 awarded to those who are moving from overseas
• Thesis Allowance of up to $420 (2013 rate) for masters by research and up to $840 (2013 rate) for PhD and other doctorate by research candidates,
• and paid sick, maternity and parenting leave.
Please click on the following link for the conditions relating to the MIRS, which includes information about duration of awards; commencement requirements etc.
To be considered for a MIRS, applicants need to have an unconditional offer of a place in a graduate research degree course (eg. masters by research, PhD or other research doctorate) at the University of Melbourne. Please click on the following link for further information concerning the eligibility criteria.
Both commencing and currently enrolled international research higher degree students may apply.
Please do not apply for a MIRS if you have not yet been admitted to a research program at the University. Before you apply for admissions, you must read the instructions at the how to apply section of the Graduate Research Scholarships website.. MIRS applicants should submit complete both their applications for admission and scholarship by 31 October 2013 or 31 May 2014 for courses starting in 2014.
It is important to visit the official website and this for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://services.unimelb.edu.au/scholarships/research/international/available/mirs
- Vice Chancellor’s International Scholarship for Research Excellence at University of Nottingham
- Guest Scholarship Programme for Post-doctoral Research in Sweden
- University of Sydney International Scholarships (USydIS)
- Adelaide Scholarships International (ASI)
- UEA International Development Scholarships for International Students
- Japanese Government Scholarships for International Students
- Emile Boutmy Scholarships in France for International Students
- University of Bern Masters Grants for International Students
- University of Birmingham Scholarships for International Students
- Türkiye Postgraduate Scholarships for International Students
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship announcement. This is only an organized summary of the scholarship. For complete and updated information, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from this website is strictly at your own risk. Please see our Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions for more information.