Italian Government Bursaries for Foreign Students
Last updated: 16 Apr 2013
Deadline: around June 2013
Study in: Italy
Course starts September 2013
The Italian Government sponsors a bursary programme for foreign students and IRE (Italian Residents Abroad) to study in Italy during the Academic Year 2013/2014. The programme is offered by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, through its diplomatic mission in the accredited country of the applicants, to students of selected countries wishing to study at Italian public universities or other public institutions of higher education.
Accredited Italian Universities and Higher Education Institutions. Please also check the list of the International Offices of the main Italian Universities.
Type(s) of Study supported:
Applicants may request three month bursaries for advanced courses in Italian language and culture, courses in Italian language teaching, and sttudy or research projects at non-private Italian research Centres – Laboratories – Libraries -Archives – Museums.
Applicants may request six or nine month bursaries for Individual university courses. (Levels I or II), university degree courses (Levels I or II), advanced professional training, art and music courses, courses in Italian language teaching, Masters Degree courses (Levels I or II), Doctorates Courses, Schools of specialisation, and Singly or jointly supervised study or research projects.
Countries whose students may apply to Italian bursaries appear on the Recipient Country List.
Three to nine months worth of bursaries may be awarded.
To be eligible for study grants (except the case of language course), students must have the following prerequisites:
Knowledge of the Italian language
Knowledge of the Italian language is indispensable and must be certified or ascertained in an interview at the Italian Cultural Institute or at the Cultural Office of the local Italian diplomatic Mission or at the Italian studies Department of the applicant’s university.
Candidates must have the credentials requested for enrolment in the institution of their choice. All credentials and certificates of study must be submitted along with their Italian translation, which must be certified as conforming with the foreign language texts by the Italian diplomatic Mission, i.e. by an official translator along with a statement attesting (dichiarazione di valore in loco) the authenticity of the credentials prepared by the Italian diplomatic Mission.
• Degree courses at Italian universities: the candidate must have a secondary school diploma valid for the enrolment in a university.
• Masters I or II programmes at Italian universities: candidates must have a degree equal to the Italian baccalaureate, along with any other documentation that may be required by the chosen institution.
• Individual courses: the certificate of enrolment issued by the university for foreigners is usually sufficient.
• Art and music institutes: it requires certification of having concluded a cycle of secondary school studies valid for admission to accredited State academies or conservatories.
• Italian language and culture courses: a secondary school diploma is required.
The age limit for obtaining a study grant is cited in bilateral Cultural Agreement Executive Programmes. Where not expressly established, the age limit is 35 years old. However, this age limit does not apply to applicants who are Italian language teachers and actively engaged in teaching Italian.
With the exception of the provisions stated in Cultural Agreement Executive Programmes, in no case grants can be awarded to anyone who would still be below the age of 18 during the period covered by the grant. Considering the varying age limits established by different institutions, it is recommended to check such detail directly with the institution (the National Cinema School, for example, has an age limit of 27).
Before submitting their applications prospective applicants to Italian bursaries must contact the university or institution in Italy where they intend to study. They are advised to be as fully informed as possible about the institution and course of study of their choice.
Applicants are kindly requested to obtain country-specific information from the Italian diplomatic mission or Italian Cultural Institute of their country of origin, either in person or from the institutional websites. Applications open in May. Deadline is around June 2013.
It is important the read the scholarship guidelines and visit the official website for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Related Scholarships: Tuition Free Universities in Europe
Found this useful? Share it!
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship announcement. This website is for general information purposes only. For official information and specific details including updated deadlines and instructions, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from this website is strictly at your own risk. Please see our Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions for more information.
More Scholarships Like This »
- Greek Government Scholarships for Foreign Students
- Swiss Excellence Scholarships for Foreign Students
- University of Lausanne Master’s Grants for Foreign Students
- Flinders International Scholarships for Foreign Students
- Japanese Government Scholarships for International Students
- Korean Government Scholarship Program for International Students
- Ireland Government Scholarships for International Students
- Hungarian Government Scholarships for Foreign Students
- Turkiye Scholarships for International Students
- Eiffel Scholarships in France for International Students
- Chinese Government Scholarships for International Students
- Utrecht Excellence Scholarships for International Students
- American University Global Scholarships for International Students
- Emile Boutmy Scholarships for International Students at Sciences Po University
- The University of Western Australia Scholarships for International Students
- Cardiff University Scholarships for International Students
- UEA International Development Scholarships for Students from Developing Countries
- Vanier Canada Scholarships for International Students
- One World Citizen Talent Scholarship for International Students
- Gates Cambridge Scholarships for International Students
More Scholarships in the Same Category »
♦ Level of Study:
♦ Field of Study: Any field of study,
♦ Place of Study: Europe,