American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship
Last updated: 22 Aug 2013 |
Deadline: 15 Jan 2014
Study in: USA
Course starts August 2014
The AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship is targeted to high-achieving international students who wish to pursue a Bachelor’s Degree in the US and who are dedicated to positive civic and social change. It is intended for students who will be to returning home to improve under-resourced, underserved communities in his/her home country.
American University, Washington DC.
Field(s) of study:
Any undergraduate study offered at the University
Number of Scholarships:
One (1) scholarship will be awarded to a first-year (freshman) international student
The scholarships are targeted to international secondary school students from any country. U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents or dual citizens of the U.S. and another country, are not eligible to apply.
Preference will be given to international students who have overcome various obstacles and challenges as well as those from diverse and under-represented global and socio-economic backgrounds.
The AU EGL scholarship covers all billable AU expenses (full tuition, room and board). The scholarship does not cover non-billable expenses such as mandatory health insurance, books, airline tickets and miscellaneous expenses (approximately US$4,000).
It is renewable for a total of four years of undergraduate study, based on continued satisfactory academic performance.
To be considered for the scholarship, candidates must be secondary school students (not university students) applying as first-year (freshman) students at American University for the August 2013 semester.
Candidates must be from any another country other than the US and must need a visa to study in the United States (preference will be for those who need an F-1 or J-1 student visa).
In order to be eligible for the scholarship, the applicants should have:
• A minimum 3.8 GPA equivalent (or in the top 10 percent of graduating class) for 9th-12th grades
• A demonstrated commitment to service and advancing the needs of people in their home country
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, with a minimum 90 TOEFL iBT (with no subscore lower than 20) or 6.5 IELTS (with no subscore lower than 6.0)
• Demonstrated leadership, volunteerism and community service
This scholarship is highly competitive. You must have a minimum 3.8 GPA equivalent and minimum 90 TOEFL or 6.5 IELTS English proficiency score in order to qualify for this scholarship. Only apply if you meet these criteria.
To qualify for August 2014 intake, students must submit the EGL Scholarship Application, the Common Application, and AU Supplement forms plus all supporting documents by 15 January 2014.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the applications forms and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.american.edu/admissions/international/egls.cfm
Related Scholarships: List of Scholarship Programs in USA for Foreign Students
- Edinburgh Global Masters Scholarships
- UWE Global Student Scholarships for International Students
- University of Bradford Global Development Scholarships
- Rotary Foundation Global Scholarship Grants for Development
- Edinburgh Global Online Distance Learning Scholarships
- World Citizen Talent Scholarship for International Students
- Cardiff University Elite International Scholarships
- University of Birmingham Scholarships for International Students
- University of Oulu Tuition Fee Waivers and Scholarships
- University of Twente Scholarships (UTS)
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship announcement. This is only a structured summary of the scholarship. For complete and updated information, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from this website is strictly at your own risk. Please see our Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions for more information.