Edinburgh Global Development Academy Scholarships
Last updated: 21 Mar 2013
University of Edinburgh
Deadline: 12 April 2013 (annual)
Study in: UK
Course starts September 2013
The University of Edinburgh will offer Masters Scholarships for international students from developing countries as well as UK/EU students for eligible Master’s programmes offered by the University.
University of Edinburgh, UK
Field(s) of study:
Scholarships will be available for students pursuing one of the following Global Development Academy programmes:
• MSc Africa and International Development
• MSc Environment and Development
• MSc International Development
• MSc Science, Technology and International Development
• MSc South Asia and International Development
Number of Scholarships:
There will be 2 Master’s scholarships covering the overseas rate of tuition fee for students from less developed countries and 2 Master’s scholarships covering the “home” rate of tuition fee for UK/EU students for eligible Master’s programmes offered by the University.
The scholarships are for nationals of the least developed nations: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, India, Kenya, Korea, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mongolia, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, Sudan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Togo, Uganda, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
Each scholarship for students from less developed countries will cover the overseas rate of tuition fee, while a further two scholarships will cover the UK/EU rate of tuition fee only.
The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit. Candidates must have, or expect to obtain, a UK first class or 2:1 Honours degree at undergraduate level or the international equivalent.
Eligible applicants should complete an online scholarship application. Please note that you will not be able to access the online application form unless you have applied for admission to the University of Edinburgh and have full EASE authentication. The closing date for scholarship applications is 12 April 2013.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.ed.ac.uk/schools-departments/student-funding/postgraduate/international/global/development
Related Links: Edinburgh Distance Learning Scholarships
Found this useful? Share it!
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship announcement. This website is for general information purposes only. For official information and specific details including updated deadlines and instructions, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from this website is strictly at your own risk. Please see our Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions for more information.
More Scholarships Like This »
- Edinburgh Global Masters Scholarships for International Students
- UWE Global Student Scholarships for International Students
- Joint Japan/World Bank Scholarships in Development for International Students
- UEA International Development Scholarships for Students from Developing Countries
- Lund University Global Scholarships in Sweden
- University of Bradford Scholarships for Developing Countries in Crisis
- DAAD Masters Scholarships in Public Policy and Good Governance
- Rotary Foundation Global Study Grants for Development
- DAAD Scholarships with Special Relevance for Developing Countries
- One World Citizen Talent Scholarship for International Students
- OFID Scholarships Award for International Students
- WMF Scholarships for Developing Country Students
- Melbourne International Research Scholarships (MIRS)
- University of the People Online Tuition Free Scholarships
- University of Oulu International Master’s Scholarship Programme
- Ghent Scholarships in Belgium for Developing Countries
- London Met Scholarships for International Students
- Malaysia International Scholarships (MIS)
- Flinders International Scholarships for Foreign Students
- Westminster International Scholarships for Developing Countries
More Scholarships in the Same Category »
♦ Level of Study: Masters,
♦ Target Group: