Ghent Masters Scholarships in Belgium for Developing Countries
Last updated: 09 Oct 2012
University of Ghent
Masters (MS) Degree
Deadline: 21 Dec 2012 (annual)
Study in: Belgium
Course starts September 2013
Ghent University offers postgraduate Masters scholarships to international students from selected developing countries who wish to study in Belgium and obtain a master’s degree at Ghent University.
University of Ghent in Belgium
Field(s) of study:
Eligible Master Grants programmes 2013-2014
International Master of Science in Rural Development
International Master of Science in Environmental Technology and Engineering
Master of Science in Technology for Integrated Water Management
Master of Advanced Studies in European Law
Erasmus Mundus: Master of Science in Marine Biodiversity and Conservation
Erasmus Mundus: European Master of Science in Nematology
Master of Science in Plant Biotechnology
Master of Science in Statistical Data Analysis
Master of Science in Photonics Science and Engineering
Master of Science in Textile Engineering
Master of Science in Nuclear Engineering
+ 7 International Course Programmes (ICP)*
Master of Science in Aquaculture
Master of Science in Environmental Sanitation
Master of Science in Food Technology
Master of Science in Nematology
Master of Science in Physical Land Resources
Master of Science of Nutrition and Rural Development
Master of Science in Marine and Lacustrine Science and Management
*All residents from the VLIR-UOS country list can only apply for an ICP-scholarship (International Course Programme) and not for a Master grant. Residents from Angola, Myanmas, Niger, Pakistan, Algeria, China and Namibië can apply for a Master grant.
Number of Scholarships:
Each year, a maximum of 10 scholarships can be awarded.
The scholarships are for international students from developing countries listed on the Master Grants country list (PDF).
The scholarship is in principle paid for the total duration of the studies. The scholarship consists of an allowance of €1000 per month and the yearly tuition fee with a maximum of 80€. Once you get an intstallation fee of 500€. In case of increased tuition fee for the master’s programme, Ghent University will only reimburse the refundable part. Airline ticket and visa costs are carried by the student.
Applicants for master’s programmes should already have obtained a bachelor degree when they submit the application.
The applicants must come from and should be nationals of one of the developing countries on the Master Grants country list (PDF). Priority, however, will be given to the categories on the country list with the lowest levels of development and income. Priority will also be given to students applying for an ICP-programme whose country is not on the VLIR-country list but on the UGent list.
Language and proficiency
The application is to be made in English. The applicant should have a very good command of the English language. Click here to see the requirements.
Scholarship Application instructions:
Important: You must demonstrate that the university of your studies, your current or future employer has a relation with Ghent University (former or current). For example: staff exchange, research projects, publications, etc. Your application will not be eligible if you cannot establish any connection with Ghent University.
The deadline for 2013-2014 is to be 21 December 2012 for new students. It is important to read the admission requirements and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.ugent.be/en/research/devcooperation/mastergrants.htm
Related Scholarships: List of Scholarships in Belgium
Found this useful? Share it!
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship announcement. This website is for general information purposes only. For official information and specific details including updated deadlines and instructions, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from this website is strictly at your own risk. Please see our Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions for more information.
More Scholarships Like This »
- CUD Scholarships in Belgium for Developing Countries
- DAAD Masters Scholarships in Public Policy and Good Governance
- Quota Scholarships in Norway for Developing Countries
- Edinburgh Global Masters Scholarships for International Students
- Weidenfeld Scholarship Programme for Developing Countries
- VLIR-UOS Scholarships for Developing Countries
- DAAD Scholarships with Special Relevance for Developing Countries
- UEA International Development Scholarships for Students from Developing Countries
- Westminster International Scholarships for Developing Countries
- Westminster Undergraduate Scholarships for Developing Countries
- University of Bradford Scholarships for Developing Countries in Crisis
- Eiffel Scholarships in France for International Students
- University of Twente Scholarships for International Students
- Hubert Humphrey Fellowships in USA for International Students
- WMF Scholarships for Developing Country Students
- Joint Japan/World Bank Scholarships in Development for International Students
- University of Oulu International Master’s Scholarship Programme
- GeTMA Scholarships for International Students in Turkey/Germany
- United Nations University Scholarships for Developing Country Students
- UNIPV International Scholarships for Developing Countries
More Scholarships in the Same Category »
♦ Level of Study: Masters,
♦ Place of Study:
♦ Target Group: