DAAD-OSI Scholarships for the Balkans and Central Asia
Last updated: 20 Oct 2011
Deadline: 31 October 2011
Study in: Germany
Course starts September 2012
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and Open Society Scholarship Programs sponsor a joint scholarship program for graduate students in the Balkans and graduate students and junior faculty in the Transcaucasian and Central Asian countries of the former Soviet Union.
Field(s) of study:
Awards are available to support MA, PhD and Faculty in the following broad fields:
Political Science, Sociology and the Social Sciences, International Relations, Law, Economics, European Studies, European Integration, Public Policy and Administration, Public Health, Educational Administration and Philosophy, Peace Studies/Conflict Resolution, International Development Studies and Global Political Economy.
Note: Only selected programs are available for MA (Aufbaustudiengänge) degree students (see DAAD-OSI Master Course List 2012-13).
Faculty and PhD candidates may choose any university in Germany where eligible disciplines are taught.
Students in the Balkans and graduate students and junior faculty in the Transcaucasian and Central Asian countries of the former Soviet Union.
Participants will receive standard DAAD stipends, an allowance for travel to and from host institutions and, if required, a German language course (lasting up to 4 months). PhD students are entitled to a return trip to their home country after the second year.
Please note that within this program, accompanying spouses or children are not eligible for family allowances.
For the 2012-13 academic year, candidates from the following countries are eligible to apply: Armenia, Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Macedonia, Montenegro, Moldova, Serbia, Tajikistan and Ukraine.
A good knowledge of German is desirable. Funding for additional language training may be available in German only. Applicants wishing to follow a course intructed in English are required to have a very good command of the English language, proven by a TOEFL test.
Applicants currently residing outside of their home countries are not eligible to apply.
Applicants should apply on the standard DAAD application forms, submitting all necessary documents requested on page 5 of the DAAD Application Form (Antrag auf ein Forschungs-/Studienstipendium) along with two reference forms, available from German embassies and consulates, DAAD lecturers in country, and also through the following link: www.daad.de/de/form.
Detailed and specific instructions on the procedures in each country are available through the following link: www.daad.de/deutschland/foerderung/stipendiendatenbank/00462.de.html. The deadline for applications is 31 October 2011.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.soros.org/initiatives/scholarship/focus_areas/daad/guidelines
Found this useful? Share it!
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship announcement. This website is for general information purposes only. For official information and specific details including updated deadlines and instructions, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from this website is strictly at your own risk. Please see our Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions for more information.
More Scholarships Like This »
- DAAD Masters Scholarships in Public Policy and Good Governance
- DAAD Scholarships with Special Relevance for Developing Countries
- Greek Government Scholarships for Foreign Students
- United Nations University Scholarships for Developing Country Students
- Netherlands Fellowship Program for Master’s, PhD, and Short Courses
- Japan Human Resource Development Scholarships (JDS) for Developing Countries in Asia
- Heinrich Boll Scholarships in Germany for International Students
- UMGF Scholarships in Canada for International Students
- Weidenfeld Scholarship Programme for Developing Countries
- Chinese Government Scholarships for International Students
- Melbourne International Research Scholarships (MIRS)
- Global Scholarships for International Students at York University
- Malaysia International Scholarships (MIS)
- Curtin International Postgraduate Research Scholarships
- Swedish Institute Study Scholarships for International Students
- USA Fulbright Scholarships for International Students
- Eric Bleumink Scholarships for Developing Countries
- UM High Potential Scholarships for International Students
- Quota Scholarships in Norway for Developing Countries
- Chevening UK Scholarships for International Students
More Scholarships in the Same Category »
♦ Target Group: