Malaysia International Scholarships (MIS)
Last updated: 22 Jan 2013
Gov’t of Malaysia
Deadline: 30 March 2013
Study in: Malaysia
Course starts 2013
The Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) for International Students is an initiative by the Malaysian Government to attract the best brains from around the world to pursue advanced academic studies in Malaysia. This scholarship aims to support Malaysian Government’s effort to attract, motivate and retain talented human capital from abroad.
Malaysian Public and Private Universities
Field(s) of study:
This scholarship is divided into two (2) categories of study: Postgraduate and Post-doctoral Studies. Field of studies are in the following priority areas:
a) Science and Engineering
b) Agriculture and Fisheries
c) Economics and Islamic Finance
d) Information and Communication Technology
f) Biosecurity and Food Safety
g) Infrastructure and Utility
h) Environmental Studies
i) Health including but not limited to, nursing, medicine, clinical pharmacy
*Applicants may choose any related course within the field/areas mentioned above
Number of Scholarships:
Talented international students with excellent academic records and outstanding co-curricular backgrounds are welcomed to apply for this scholarship and further their studies in any selected and well-established Malaysian public and private universities.
Each scholarship consists of:
a) Air tickets from recipient’s capital city to Malaysia
b) An approved tuition fees
c) Monthly maintenance allowance
d) Annual grant for books and internal travel
e) Medical / Health Insurance
f) Installation and Termination grant
g) Thesis allowance (will be paid at the beginning of research (after proposal defense) and the balance will be paid only upon submission of the thesis) – For PhD and Post-Doctoral only
h) A conference travel grant and journal publication grant (PhD and Post-Doctoral only)
* The Government of Malaysia reserves the rights to review the value of awards at anytime (and if such changes are made, the value of scholarship will be changed and the effective date will be informed to the successful candidates).
To be eligible for Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS), applicants must fit the following criteria:-
a) Not be more than 40 years of age during application.
b) Obtained a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a CGPA of 3.5/4.0 at Bachelor Degree Level for Masters Degree applicants and for PhD candidates must possess CGPA 3.5/4.0 or very good result at Masters degree level in a similar field of intended PhD study. In addition, for post-doctoral programme, the selection will be evaluated based on the number of books produced, refereed/non refereed journals, portfolio and patent copyright. The Post-Doctoral candidate must have excellent reputation in research and possesses knowledge related to the research to be carried out.
c) Took one of the following English Language Proficiency Test not more than two years before the date of application. The list of tests and minimum scores required:
- IELTS Academic Test with a score of at least 6.5; or
- TOEFL paper-based test with a score of at least 580 or computer-based test with a score of at least 230 or internet-based test with a score at least 92.
d) In excellent health condition and certified by a Certified Doctor/Medical Professional. The cost of medical examination is to be borne by the applicants
e) Wrote a proposal that is relevant to the needs and interests of Malaysia (research-based programme only)
f) Has applied for and gained admission to postgraduate and post-doctoral studies in Malaysia (conditional letters of offer will be accepted at the time of application or has a confirmation of acceptance or affiliation with the universities in Malaysia).
All applications should be made ONLINE through Ministry of Higher Education’s website starting from 15 January until 30 March 2013. It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the online application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: https://payloan.mohe.gov.my/INTER/index_mis.php
Related Scholarships: List of Government Scholarships for Foreign Students
Found this useful? Share it!
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship announcement. This website is for general information purposes only. For official information and specific details including updated deadlines and instructions, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from this website is strictly at your own risk. Please see our Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions for more information.
More Scholarships Like This »
- The University of Western Australia Scholarships for International Students
- Vanier Canada Scholarships for International Students
- Korean Government Scholarship Program for International Students
- University of Adelaide Fully-funded Scholarships for Outstanding International Students
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS) at Australian Universities
- International Water Leader Scholarships for International Students
- Japanese Government Scholarships for International Students
- University of Twente Scholarships for International Students
- Utrecht Excellence Scholarships for International Students
- Melbourne University Scholarships for International Students
- Clarendon Scholarships at University of Oxford
- University of Bern Excellence Scholarships for International Students
- Turkiye Scholarships for International Students
- London Met Scholarships for International Students
- Flinders International Scholarships for Foreign Students
- Eiffel Scholarships in France for International Students
- American University Global Scholarships for International Students
- UBC International Leader of Tomorrow Scholarships
- Swiss Excellence Scholarships for Foreign Students
- Ireland Government Scholarships for International Students