KAAD Scholarships in Germany for Developing Countries
Last updated: 24 Mar 2014 |
Deadline: 15 Jan/30 Jun (annual)
Study in: Germany
Course starts 2015
The KAAD scholarships are addressed to post-graduates and to academics who already gained professional experience and who are interested in postgraduate studies (or research stays) in Germany.
German Universities and Higher Education Institutions
Fields of study:
There is no specific subject-preference. However, the selection board has often given preference to courses and subjects that they felt to be of significance for the home country of the applicant.
Number of Scholarships:
Citizens of selected developing or emerging countries in Africa, Asia, the Middle East or Latin America. There is a preference for Catholic applicants.
For the scholarship programme 1 of KAAD you can apply if you:
• come from a developing or emerging country in Africa, Asia, the Middle East or Latin America
• have a university degree and professional experience from your home country
• want to acquire a master’s degree or a PhD at a German university or do a post-doctoral research project (2-6 months for established university lecturers) at a German university
• are a Catholic Christian (or general belong to a Christian denomination). Candidates from other religions can apply if they are proposed by Catholic partners and can prove their commitment to interreligious dialogue.
• possess German language skills before starting the studies (KAAD can provide a language course of max. 6 months in Germany).
The general rule is that applicants for Master-scholarships should be of the maximum age of 30, while applicants for PhD-scholarships should not be older than 35.
KAAD is working with focus- and partner countries in your region. There are so-called Partner Committees in these countries and applications are channelled through them. Visit the web page relevant to you for region-specific eligibility requirements and application procedures: Africa (sub-Sahara), Asia, Latin America, Near and Middle East (including northern Africa).
Applications for the September selection need to be complete by 30th of June. Applications for the March selection need to be complete by 15th of January.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://kaad.de/1/scholarships/scholarship-program-1/
Related Scholarships: Scholarships for International Students in Germany
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship page. This is only a one-page summarized listing of the scholarship. While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, information may change at any time without notice. For complete and updated information, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from scholars4dev.com is strictly at your own risk. Please read our full Disclaimer for more information.