Heinrich Boll Scholarships in Germany for International Students
Last updated: 27 Nov 2014 | OPENS 20 JAN 2015
Heinrich Boll Foundation
Deadline: 3 Mar 2015 (Annual)
Study in: Germany
Next course starts 2015
The Heinrich Böll Foundation awards scholarships to international students who gained their university entrance qualification from a school outside of Germany who wish to study a Masters or PhD Degree in Germany.
State or state-recognized Universities in Germany
Field(s) of study:
The scholarships are awarded for all subjects.
Number of Scholarships:
The scholarship program allots scholarships to international students. Special focus regions are: central and eastern Europe, the EU’s neighbouring states and the CIS, the Middle East and North Africa (especially Syria, Egypt, Tunisia, Israel), transition and newly industrialised countries, and conflict regions worldwide.
€750 per month for Masters Students or €1000 per month for PhD students, plus € 100 mobility allowance per month, plus various individual allowances. Tuition fees are not funded.
International students on a MASTERS course in any subject who earned their university entrance qualification outside Germany (Bildungsausländer/innen) and are studying, or wish to study, in Germany:
• You may apply before beginning your Masters programme or at any time up to the end of the first semester of the Masters programme.
• Applicants must have completed a first degree.
• Good or very good knowledge of German (at least B4 Level) is required; you must supply documentary evidence. The selection workshops are generally held in German. If a scholarship is granted, intensive German courses may be funded.
International doctoral students in all subjects who are non-EU citizens, who earned the university entrance qualification outside the EU, and who are pursuing, or wish to pursue, doctoral studies in Germany (Bildungsausländer/innen):
• At the time of application, the applicant must have been accepted as a doctoral student by a state-recognised German institution of higher education.
• Preference will be given to dissertation projects related to the working areas of the Heinrich Böll Foundation.
• Good or very good knowledge of German (at least B2 Level) is required; you must supply documentary evidence. The selection workshops are generally held in German. If a scholarship is granted, intensive German courses may be funded.
Applications are not yet open. The online application portal will open on 20 January 2015 for spring 2015.
For details of application requirements and procedures, please consult information sheet A 1-1 (“scholarship application for undergraduate and graduate students”, PDF) or A 2-1 (“scholarship application for doctoral studies”). These give important information on the formalities of your application and on preconditions and criteria. Applications must be made online and is done in German language. Application deadline is 3 March 2015.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for details on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.boell.de/scholarships/scholarships.html
Related Scholarships: List of Scholarships in Germany
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship page. This is only a one-page summarized listing of the scholarship. While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, information may change at any time without notice. For complete and updated information, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from scholars4dev.com is strictly at your own risk. Please read our full Disclaimer for more information.