Full Distance Learning Scholarships for East and South African Students at London South Bank University
Last updated: 06 Apr 2010
London South Bank Univ
Online Masters (MS) Degree
Deadline: 4 May 2012 (annual)
Study in: any Country
Course starts September 2012
Fully-funded distance learning scholarships are available in 2010 for student/scholars from East and Southern African Commonwealth countries to study the MSc in Education for Sustainability at London South Bank University.
London South Bank University, UK
Field of study:
MSc in Education for Sustainability
Number of Scholarships:
15 scholarships will be awarded for 2012.
African Commonwealth Citizens living and working in: Botswana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda and Zambia. Applications from women, who are underrepresented in leadership roles are particularly welcomed.
Funding will cover all the costs of tutoring, assessment, study guides and readers, together with a travel grant for attendance at the residential week.
Are you eligible to apply?
• Are you an African Commonwealth citizen working in Botswana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda or Zambia?
• Do you have a first degree?
• Do you have the written English skills for a Masters programme?
• Are you involved in the field of education in the broadest terms? e.g. advocacy/ communication / training / teaching / marketing etc?
• Are you in a leadership position or one with leadership potential?
• Are you committed to making a difference within your workplace and within your country?
• Do you understand the requirements and challenges of a distance learning course?
• Do you have regular, reliable and easy access to a computer with email and internet facilities?
• Will you be able to attend the Introductory Residential Week in Nairobi in October 2010 exact dates to be confirmed
• Do you have the support of your employer?
• Do you have the support of your family?
Important Note: You cannot be enrolled on another post graduate course during the time of the scholarship.
Applicants must apply online and must be completed by 4 May 2012. It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.lsbu.ac.uk/ahs/departments/education/efs#fees
2012 Call for Applications (PDF): http://www.lsbu.ac.uk/ahs/downloads/efs-scholarship-eligibilityv2.pdf
- Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program
- Eric Bleumink Scholarships at University of Groningen
- Curtin University International Research Scholarships
- Leiden University Excellence Scholarships (LexS)
- Clarendon Scholarships at University of Oxford
- Edinburgh Global Development Academy Scholarships
- Microsoft4Afrika Scholarship at UoPeople
- UM High Potential Scholarships for International Students
- Guest Scholarship Programme for Post-doctoral Research in Sweden
- IDB Scholarships for Muslim Communities in Non-Member Countries
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship announcement. This is only an organized summary of the scholarship. For complete and updated information, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from this website is strictly at your own risk. Please see our Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions for more information.