Anne van den Ban Scholarships for Developing Countries at Wagenignen University
Last updated: 10 Feb 2012 |
Anne van den Ban Fund
Masters (MS) Degree
Deadline: 1 May 2013 (annual)
Study in: Netherlands
Course starts September 2013
The Anne van den Ban Scholarship Fund enables promising students from developing countries and from countries in Middle and Eastern Europe to study at Wageningen University. As a result, it contributes to the education of competent and motivated local experts, who can then play a leading role in solving the structural problems of their country in agricultural production, rural development and the environment.
Wageningen University, Netherlands
Fields of study:
Selected Masters Programme offered at the University that is related to agriculture, food, and environment.
Students from Africa and South and South-East Asia and from other countries with a GDP per capita below $ 3000
The fund covers full or partial scholarships. Contact the scholarship provider for more information. Chances of selection increase if the student is ready and able to contribute financially to his/her study. This contribution has to be transferred to the Wageningen University in order to obtain a visa for the Netherlands. Moreover, the student has to pay his own trip to and from Wageningen.
In order to be considered for this scholarship, you:
1. come from Africa, South- and South-East Asia and other countries with a average gross income per person of last than $ 3000,- a year.
2. have already been accepted to a study programme in agriculture, food or environment for which financing is necessary;
3. not be married to a Dutch native, because the expected career path would then take place in the Netherlands, and/or the partner/in-laws could assist in the financing;
4. not have a refugee status, because these students are not inclined to return to their home country and are able to request funds and financing from other sources;
The target group application will not be considered in any one of the situations below:
5. if they have already received a scholarship (i.e. NFP) for their study but need an extension. These students do not have to pay extra tuition and their scholarships provide enough funding to absorb any kind of delay.
6. if they were able to finance their previous study programme themselves but wish to follow an internship/conduct research in a more expensive country, or to follow an extra course.
In the selection procedure by programme coordinators, study coaches and professors with regard to the ABF, the student from the target group may apply if the student:
7. has a steady record of good grades in their own country or in a WU study programme, so that it can be expected that the study will be completed successfully in the minimum amount of time needed;
8. is motivated to return to their home country upon completion of the study and has the possibility for employment in order to apply theory to practice;
9. has already worked in a project/programme that contributes to combating poverty or improvement of the living environment, thereby having conducted useful work to be able to continue with upon the study’s completion;
10. is not eligible for a NFP scholarship;
11. is eligible for another but limited scholarship or has current but insufficient financing means.
Before you can be considered for the scholarships, you must first gain admissions to a supported Masters Program offered at the University. Refer to the application guidelines and requirements.
The selection procedure for the Anne van den Ban Scholarship Fund has been changed. Candidates will now be selected in close cooperation with the university. The fund will no longer look at individual applications. Therefore you can’t apply for a scholarship, you have to wait if a combined Wageningen University Fellowship/Anne van den Ban scholarship is offered to you.
The deadline for admissions for Non-EU students is 1 May 2013. The scholarship application deadline may differ. It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.wageningenur.nl/en/Benefactors/For-Applicants/Anne-van-den-Ban-Fund.htm
- Cardiff University Elite International Scholarships
- University of the People Online Tuition Free Degrees
- University of Birmingham Scholarships for International Students
- University of Twente Scholarships (UTS)
- University of Oulu Tuition Fee Waivers and Scholarships
- Lund University Global Scholarship Programme
- University of Sydney International Scholarships (USydIS)
- World Citizen Talent Scholarship for International Students
- UWE Global Student Scholarships for International Students
- Türkiye Postgraduate Scholarships for International Students
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship announcement. This is only a structured summary of the scholarship. For complete and updated information, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from this website is strictly at your own risk. Please see our Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions for more information.