Reach Oxford Scholarships for Developing Country Students
Last updated: 04 Aug 2011
University of Oxford
Deadline: 1 Feb 2013 (annual)
Study in: London, UK
Course starts October 2013
A number of Oxford colleges offer Reach Oxford Scholarships (formerly Oxford Student Scholarships) to students from developing countries who, for political or financial reasons, or because equivalent educational facilities do not exist, cannot study for a degree in their own countries.
Oxford University in UK
Field(s) of study:
All undergraduate subjects except Medicine
Number of Awards:
A small number of awards will be made, yet to be confirmed
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Rep., Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep., Congo, Rep., Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Dem. Rep., Kosovo, Kyrgyz, Rep., Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Federated States, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, St Kitts-Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza Strip, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
University fees and college fees, a grant for living expenses and one return air fare per year
This scheme is only suitable for candidates of the highest academic ability who have outstanding examination results. However, financial need and social commitment are also major criteria for selection.
Applicants should be aware that competition for the scheme is very high and the University does not have additional funding for those candidates who are not offered a scholarship.
Students should must apply for admission to the University before they can be considered for a Reach Oxford Scholarship. The University is unable to accept any scholarship applications from students who have not been offered a place at Oxford.
You must make an application to the University through UCAS and be successful in gaining a place. You will then need to complete a separate scholarship application form. The 2013/14 application form will be available to download from December 2012. The deadline for applications is 1 February 2013.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.admin.ox.ac.uk/studentfunding/scholarship_profiles/reachox.shtml
Found this useful? Share it!
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship announcement. This website is for general information purposes only. For official information and specific details including updated deadlines and instructions, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from this website is strictly at your own risk. Please see our Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions for more information.
More Scholarships Like This »
- Clarendon Scholarships at University of Oxford
- WMF Scholarships for Developing Country Students
- Weidenfeld Scholarship Programme for Developing Countries
- UEA International Development Scholarships for Students from Developing Countries
- Quota Scholarships in Norway for Developing Countries
- Swiss Excellence Scholarships for Foreign Students
- United Nations University Scholarships for Developing Country Students
- Westminster International Scholarships for Developing Countries
- Westminster Undergraduate Scholarships for Developing Countries
- Edinburgh Global Masters Scholarships for International Students
- The University of Western Australia Scholarships for International Students
- One World Citizen Talent Scholarship for International Students
- University of Lausanne Master’s Grants for Foreign Students
- University of Bern Excellence Scholarships for International Students
- OFID Scholarships Award for International Students
- Emile Boutmy Scholarships for International Students at Sciences Po University
- University of Adelaide Fully-funded Scholarships for Outstanding International Students
- Ireland Government Scholarships for International Students
- Utrecht Excellence Scholarships for International Students
- Cardiff University Scholarships for International Students
More Scholarships in the Same Category »
♦ Level of Study: Undergraduate,
♦ Field of Study: Any field of study,