DRD PhD Scholarships in International Development Studies for Sub-Saharan Africans
Last updated: 20 Mar 2010 |
Deadline: 2 May 2011 (annual)
Study in: Germany
Course starts November 2011
The DRD offers the scholarship opportunity for PhD studies in the fields of Development Studies Governance, Public Policy and Public Management. The PhD programme is presented in conjunction with the Institute of Development Research and Development Policy at the Ruhr-University, Bochum, Germany. There will be a taught component which will take place in Germany and a thesis component.
The information provided in the following section is mainly related to the PhD in International Development Studies (PhD IDS) of Ruhr-University Bochum which offers the taught component of the programme.
The DRD-SA offers two PhD scholarships to well qualified students from Sub-Sahara Africa.
Ruhr-University, Bochum, Germany
Fields of study:
Number of Awards:
Nationals of Sub-Saharan African Countries (Angola, Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda, São Tomé and Príncipe, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Sudan, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Somalia, Botswana, Comoros, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Benin, Mali).
Scholarships include monthly allowances of 900 Euro plus travel allowances for PhD candidates.
• Qualified university degree (Master or an equivalent to the German Diploma or Staatsexamen) with an overall grade equivalent to 2.7 (fully satisfactory) in the German grading system after completion of relevant studies with a duration of at least 4 years
• Qualified degree with an overall grade equivalent to 1.7 (fully good) in the German grading system after completion of relevant studies with a duration of at least three years plus preparatory studies for the PhD of usually three semesters.
The scholarships are awarded in a competitive procedure purely on academic merit and qualification.
The deadline for applying for the 2011 intake is 2 May 2011. It is important to read the how-to-apply page (application forms and requirements can be found here) and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Institute of Development Research and Development Policy, Ruhr-University Bochum
Building GB, Room 1/59
D-44801 Bochum, Germany
Tel: +49-(0)234 / 32-22418, -22243
Fax: +49-(0)234 / 32-14-294
Official Scholarship Website: http://drd-sa.org/development-studies-programs/phd-in-international-development-studies.html
PhD IDS Information Brochure (PDF): http://development-research.org/images/pdf/PhD/PhD_brochure.pdf
- DAAD Scholarships for Development-Related Postgraduate Courses
- Heinrich Boll Scholarships in Germany for International Students
- Netherlands Fellowship Program for Short Courses, Masters, PhD
- New Zealand Development Scholarships (NZDS)
- IDB Scholarships for Muslim Communities in Non-Member Countries
- GeTMA Scholarships for International Students in Turkey/Germany
- Guest Scholarship Programme for Post-doctoral Research in Sweden
- UEA International Development Scholarships for International Students
- UM High Potential Scholarships for International Students
- Fondation Rainbow Bridge MBA Scholarships for African and Asian Women
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship announcement. This is only a structured summary of the scholarship. For complete and updated information, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from this website is strictly at your own risk. Please see our Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions for more information.