Taiwan Government Scholarships for International Students
Last updated: 19 Dec 2011
Government of Taiwan
Deadline: 31 Mar 2013 (annual)
Study in: Taiwan
Course starts September 2013
The Taiwan Government through the Ministry of Education (MOE) offers Bachelors, Masters, and PhD scholarships for international students who wants to study in Taiwan Colleges and Universities through the Taiwan Scholarship Program.
The program aims to encourage outstanding international students (excluding students from Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau) to undertake degree studies in Taiwan so as to familiarize themselves with the academic environment in Taiwan and promote communication, understanding and friendship between Taiwan and countries around the world.
See this link for a list of Colleges and Universities in Taiwan (Note: You must confirm with the University/College of your choice if they are participating in the scholarship program).
Field of study:
The scholarships cover a wide range of disciplines offered by Taiwan Universities and Colleges.
The scholarships are targeted to international students from Africa, Asia, South America, Europe, USA and the rest of the world.
(i) Tuition and payment of academic fees, including credit fee.
Upon validation of tuition and above fees, the MOE awards each recipient per semester up to NTD40,000. If the total amount of these fees should exceed NTD40,000, the remainder of all costs shall be covered by either the recipient, or the recipient’s college, whereas over NTD40,000 are the sole responsibility of the recipient. Tuition and academic fees do not include any of the following: administration fees, thesis advising fees, insurance premiums, accommodation, Internet access, all of which are payable by the recipients.
(ii) Subsistence allowance
The MOE offers each recipient undertaking undergraduate studies a monthly stipend of NTD15,000; it offers each recipient undertaking postgraduate studies a monthly stipend of NTD20,000.
The maximum period of each scholarship is four years for undergraduate programs, two years for master programs, and four years for doctorate programs. The maximum length of the total awards for each recipient undertaking a combination of studies is five years.
(i) Applicants must be a foreign national with a high-school diploma or post-secondary degree(s), with an excellent academic record, and be of good moral character.
(ii) Applicants are ineligible if they meet the following criteria:
1. Are R.O.C. nationals or overseas Chinese students
2. Are already registered or have obtained student status at any university/college in Taiwan. Graduating students pursuing further studies are exempt from this rule.
3. Have already studied in Taiwan for the same level of degree as the one in which they currently intend to enroll.
4. Are exchange or dual/joint degree students admitted in accordance with academic cooperation agreements between local universities/colleges and international universities/colleges.
5. Have been a recipient of the Taiwan Scholarship for over a total of five years.
6. Have had, in the past, their Taiwan Scholarship or Huayu Enrichment Scholarship from the MOE revoked.
7. Are recipients of any other scholarship or subsidy offered by the Taiwan government or education institutions in Taiwan. This excludes subsidies offered by universities/colleges to cover tuition and other fees exceeding the scholarship limit.
(iii) Applicants should apply directly for admission within the deadlines specified by each university/college listed in the “Association of Taiwan Scholarship Program Schools” (see Appendix 1). Applications for admission outside of the universities/colleges participating in the Taiwan Scholarship Program are automatically disqualified and will not be returned.
Scholarship applicants should apply directly for admission to Taiwan universities and colleges of their choice within their specified application deadlines.
For the application process, guidelines and forms, types of scholarship and quotas, selection criteria and deadlines, applicants should directly contact the relevant Taiwan Embassy or Representative Office, as early as possible or by 31 January each year.
To apply for the scholarship, the applicant must send all completed documents to the nearest Taiwan Embassy or Representative Office in his/her home country. In principle, the yearly application period is from 1 February through 31 March. However, the actual application period will be in accordance with the general regulations of the local Taiwan Representative Offices.
It is important to visit your country website or the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://english.moe.gov.tw/ct.asp?xItem=12482&CtNode=11364&mp=1
Related Scholarships: List of Government Scholarships for International Students
Found this useful? Share it!
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship announcement. This website is for general information purposes only. For official information and specific details including updated deadlines and instructions, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from this website is strictly at your own risk. Please see our Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions for more information.
More Scholarships Like This »
- Korean Government Scholarship Program for International Students
- Japanese Government Scholarships for International Students
- Ireland Government Scholarships for International Students
- Italian Government Bursaries for Foreign Students
- Turkiye Scholarships for International Students
- International Water Leader Scholarships for International Students
- UWE Global Student Scholarships for International Students
- GeTMA Scholarships for International Students in Turkey/Germany
- Eiffel Scholarships in France for International Students
- Flinders International Scholarships for Foreign Students
- Vanier Canada Scholarships for International Students
- Chinese Government Scholarships for International Students
- Emile Boutmy Scholarships for International Students at Sciences Po University
- Cardiff University Scholarships for International Students
- The University of Western Australia Scholarships for International Students
- La Trobe Academic Excellence Scholarships for International Students
- Joint Japan/World Bank Scholarships in Development for International Students
- Hubert Humphrey Fellowships in USA for International Students
- University of Adelaide Fully-funded Scholarships for Outstanding International Students
- American University Global Scholarships for International Students
More Scholarships in the Same Category »
♦ Field of Study: Agriculture, Forestry, and Fisheries, Any field of study, Development Studies, Economics & Finance, Education, Engineering, Environmental Management, Health, Human Development, Humanities, Information Technology (IT), Natural Resources Management, Natural Sciences, Peace, Science and Technology, Social Sciences, Urban Environmental Management, Water Management,
♦ Place of Study: Asia,