African Development Bank Young Professionals Programme
Last updated: 27 Jan 2010
African Dev’t Bank Group
Deadline: 30 April 2013 (annual)
Study in: Africa
Program starts November 2013
The Young Professionals Program (YPP) is a highly competitive program targeting motivated, talented, young professionals under the age of thirty-two (32) committed to making a difference on the continent. Upon acceptance and entry, successful applicants will undergo a unique on-the-job training and development to prepare them for a rewarding career and future leadership roles within the Bank. Successful candidates must be committed to Africa’s development and demonstrate outstanding academic and professional achievement, as well as effective team work and leadership potential.
African Development Bank
Number of Awards:
The Bank seeks to hire approximately twenty (20) young professionals each year through the Young Professional Program.
Applicants must be nationals of AfDB member countries. See complete list of member countries.
The program enables each professional to receive extensive exposure to and experience from various Bank departments and development programs through job rotation. Young professionals are expected to rotate through, at least, three (3) assignments over a 3-year period, which may include one assignment at an AfDB field office. Young professionals will also benefit from a coaching and mentoring arrangement as well as a wide range of relevant training opportunities. Upon successfully completing the program, young professionals will graduate into a professional level position.
• Must be a citizen of a Bank Group member country (regional and non-regional)
• Born on or after 1 November 1977 (32 years of age or younger when assuming duty in October 2010)
• A minimum of a Master’s degree or equivalent in economics, engineering, social sciences, international development, business administration, finance, banking or any discipline relevant to the Bank’s business
• Fluent in English and/or French with a good working knowledge of the other language
• Multi-disciplinary background and a minimum of two years relevant work experience
• Outstanding academic credentials
• Demonstrated commitment to African development (field experience on the continent and/or in other developing countries is an added advantage)
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills in English and/or French with a working knowledge of the other language (working knowledge of a third language that is relevant to the Bank’s operation is an advantage)
• Ability/motivation to work in a multi-cultural work environment
• Demonstrated high leadership potential
• Demonstrated strong analytical skills, dynamism, results-orientation, and problem-solving capability
Interested applicants are requested to download and complete the Personal History Form (PHF) after due consideration of the programme description provided herewith and send it as well a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, showing date of birth and nationality, along with a cover letter by email or by post (see contact details below). The deadline for receipt of applications is 30 April 2013, midnight Tunisia time.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.afdb.org/en/careers/young-professionals-program-ypp/overview/
Found this useful? Share it!
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship announcement. This website is for general information purposes only. For official information and specific details including updated deadlines and instructions, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from this website is strictly at your own risk. Please see our Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions for more information.
More Scholarships Like This »
- Joint Japan/World Bank Scholarships in Development for International Students
- IDB Scholarships for Muslims in Africa and Asia
- MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program for Africans
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program for Developing Countries in Asia
- New Zealand Development Scholarships (NZDS)
- Weidenfeld Scholarship Programme for Developing Countries
- Radboud Scholarship Programme for International Students
- International Development Scholarships at University of East London
- University of Oulu International Master’s Scholarship Programme
- Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships for Developing Commonwealth Countries
- Netherlands Fellowship Program for Master’s, PhD, and Short Courses
- Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship Programme
- UEA International Development Scholarships for Students from Developing Countries
- UNIPV International Scholarships for Developing Countries
- Edinburgh Global Development Academy Scholarships
- CUD Scholarships in Belgium for Developing Countries
- United Nations University Scholarships for Developing Country Students
- Sydney Achievers International Scholarships
- Ghent Scholarships in Belgium for Developing Countries
- Bocconi Scholarships in Italy for International Students
More Scholarships in the Same Category »
♦ Level of Study: Training,
♦ Field of Study: Development Studies,
♦ Place of Study: Africa,
♦ Target Group: Africans,