Desmond Tutu’s Masters Scholarships for Africans
Last updated: 21 Feb 2010
University of Edinburgh
Masters (MS) Degree
Deadline: 1 April 2010 (annual)
Study in: London, UK
Course starts September 2010
The University of Edinburgh will offer a Scholarship to a student from Africa for postgraduate Master’s study within the School of Divinity for the 2010-2011 academic session.
University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Field of study:
Any Master’s Programme of study offered within the School of Divinity.
Number of Awards:
The scholarships are intended for African nationals.
The Desmond Tutu Master’s Scholarship will cover the full overseas tuition fee and a maintenance allowance of £5,000. The award will be tenable for one academic year.
The scholarship will be awarded to a student from Africa who is accepted for admission on a full-time basis for a postgraduate Master’s programme of study within the School of Divinity.
Applicants should already have been offered a place at the University of Edinburgh and should have firmly accepted that offer or be intending to do so.
The scholarship will be awarded broadly on the basis of academic merit with candidates requiring a Bachelor Degree equivalent to a UK first class or 2:1 Honours degree.
In addition to the above academic qualifications, the selection panel will also take into account the financial circumstances of applicants to ensure that as far as possible a student’s financial situation does not impede a university education at the University of Edinburgh.
Candidates may complete an online scholarship application or request one to be sent to the Scholarship and Student Finance Office (contact details found below).
Candidates should make specific reference within their online scholarship application at Section 3 (Personal Statement) of the intended focus of their dissertation which they will carry out as part of their Master’s degree. Completed application forms must be returned to the Scholarships and Student Finance Office no later than 1 April 2010.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
The Scholarships and Student Finance Office
The University of Edinburgh
Edinburgh EH8 9YL
Telephone: +44 131 651 4070
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.scholarships.ed.ac.uk/postgraduate/internat/tutu.htm
Found this useful? Share it!
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship announcement. This website is for general information purposes only. For official information and specific details including updated deadlines and instructions, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from this website is strictly at your own risk. Please see our Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions for more information.
More Scholarships Like This »
- Ghent Masters Scholarships in Belgium for Developing Countries
- Edinburgh Global Masters Scholarships for International Students
- Bocconi Scholarships in Italy for International Students
- International Development Scholarships at University of East London
- DAAD Masters Scholarships in Public Policy and Good Governance
- United Nations University Scholarships for Developing Country Students
- MUIS Scholarships in Australia for International Students
- Leiden University Excellence Scholarships for International Students
- Radboud Scholarship Programme for International Students
- Curtin International Postgraduate Research Scholarships
- UM High Potential Scholarships for International Students
- Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships for Developing Commonwealth Countries
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for Developing Countries
- Edinburgh Global Development Academy Scholarships
- Netherlands Fellowship Program for Master’s, PhD, and Short Courses
- The University of Western Australia Scholarships for International Students
- Heinrich Boll Scholarships in Germany for International Students
- Westminster International Scholarships for Developing Countries
- IDB Scholarships for Muslims in Africa and Asia
- VLIR-UOS Training Scholarships for Developing Countries
More Scholarships in the Same Category »
♦ Level of Study: Masters,
♦ Field of Study: Any field of study,
♦ Target Group: Africans,