Talent for Governance Training Scholarships for Developing Countries
Last updated: 17 Nov 2011
The Hague Academy for Local Gov
Deadline: 2 January 2012
Study in: Netherlands
Course starts 2012
The overall aim of Talent for Governance is to strengthen local governments in developing countries and Eastern European (non-EU) countries. They aim to achieve this through the training of young civil servants. With the gained knowledge and skills, they can work to alleviate their communities of widespread poverty and a lack of basic services.
The Hague Academy for Local Governance, The Hague, Netherlands
Field(s) of study:
The Talent for Governance will organise the talent programme three times in 2011. All three programmes will have a different theme. The theme is based on the topic of the training courses at The Hague Academy for Local Governance that are part of each programme.
In 2011 the applicants can choose between the following thematic programmes (click on the titles for more information):
Citizen Participation and Accountability - Programme from the 16th of April to the 4th of May 2012
Local Economics Development – Programme from the 10th to 28 of September 2012
Local Service Delivery & MDG’s – Programme from 15th of October to 2nd of November 2012
Number of Awards:
<37, they aim to give as least 50% of our scholarships to women.
The Talent for Governance scholarship target group consists of young civil servants working for local governments in developing countries or Eastern European (non –EU) countries. Country list for 2012 will be published in the official website soon (November 2011).
A Talent for Governance scholarship will generally cover all living expenses during the stay in the Netherlands, travel costs and the training course fee of the chosen training course ( exactly what costs are specified elsewhere in these regulations). The scholar must cover any other costs from their own resources.
You are eligible for applying for this international talent programme if,
• you are a civil servant working for a local government institution;
• you are young (37 or younger) and ambitious;
• you work in one of the countries on our country list;
• you have at least two years of work experience in local governance and will be working there for at least two more years;
• your English is fluent;
• you are able to write a convincing letter of motivation for your participation in the programme;
• you can show the relevance of the programme by submitting a real-live-case project proposal from your own work to work on in a back-home-action plan. Your employer needs to sign a statement that they will give you time and support to implement the action plan once you return home.
• you are willing , once you are selected, to commit yourself to the programme and show this by contributing a set amount of Euros (more info on the application procedure page).
Before applying, we strongly advise all applicants to first read the rules and regulations booklet 2012. Only applications made through the online application form will be considered. The deadline for application is 2 January 2012.
It is important to visit the the application procedure page and the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://talentforgovernance.com/talent-programme/what-is-it/
Found this useful? Share it!
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship announcement. This website is for general information purposes only. For official information and specific details including updated deadlines and instructions, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from this website is strictly at your own risk. Please see our Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions for more information.
More Scholarships Like This »
- One World Citizen Talent Scholarship for International Students
- DAAD Masters Scholarships in Public Policy and Good Governance
- VLIR-UOS Training Scholarships for Developing Countries
- Leiden University Excellence Scholarships for International Students
- USA Fulbright Scholarships for International Students
- DAAD Scholarships with Special Relevance for Developing Countries
- Westminster International Scholarships for Developing Countries
- Chevening UK Scholarships for International Students
- Radboud Scholarship Programme for International Students
- Weidenfeld Scholarship Programme for Developing Countries
- UM High Potential Scholarships for International Students
- UMGF Scholarships in Canada for International Students
- Quota Scholarships in Norway for Developing Countries
- Swedish Institute Study Scholarships for International Students
- Chinese Government Scholarships for International Students
- Westminster Undergraduate Scholarships for Developing Countries
- UEA International Development Scholarships for Students from Developing Countries
- Global Scholarships for International Students at York University
- Heinrich Boll Scholarships in Germany for International Students
- Denmark Government Scholarships for International Students
More Scholarships in the Same Category »
♦ Level of Study: Training,