Chinese Government Scholarships for International Students
Last updated: 04 Nov 2012
Deadline: Jan-April 2013 (annual)
Study in: China
Course starts Sept 2013
The Chinese Government Scholarship Scheme awards scholarships in China for international students. It is established by the Ministry of Education of P.R. China (hereinafter referred to as MOE) in accordance with educational exchange agreements or understandings reached between Chinese government and governments of other countries, organizations, education institutions and relevant international organizations to provide both full scholarships and partial scholarships to international students and scholars.
International student applicants for the China Scholarship Program shall choose their host institutions and subjects from the Chinese Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) under the Program. Please check the Directory of the Chinese Institutions and see which Universities participate in the Chinese Government Scholarship Program.
Field(s) of study:
The scholarship program covers a wide range of studies accredited by Chinese HEIs under the program.
The scholarships are for international students wishing to study in China.
• Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, fee for laboratory experiment, fee for internship, and fee for basic learning materials; free accommodation on campus;
• Living allowance;
• One-off settlement subsidy after registration;
• Fee for outpatient medical service, Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Benefit Plan for International Students in China;
• One-off inter-city travel subsidy.
*See the complete list of scholarship benefits at the official website.
One or several items of full scholarship (one-off settlement subsidy and one-off inter-city travel allowance excluded).
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health.
2. Education background and age limit:
• Applicants for undergraduate program must have senior high school diploma with good academic performance and be under the age of 25.
• Applicants for master’s degree program must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
• Applicants for doctoral degree program must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
• Applicants for Chinese training program must have senior high school diploma and be under the age of 35, Chinese language is the only subject available.
• Applicants for general scholar program must have completed at least two years of undergraduate study and be under the age of 45, all subjects besides Chinese language are available.
• Applicants for senior scholar program must have master’s degree or above, or hold academic titles of associate professor or above, and be under the age of 50.
Applicants shall apply to Chinese diplomatic missions or dispatching authorities between January and April every year. Applicants shall consult the dispatching authorities about details on the application period and procedures.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and to find detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Please contact the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in your region/country.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua/scholarshipdetailen.aspx?cid=97&id=1422
Related Scholarships: See the list of Foreign Government Scholarship Programs
Found this useful? Share it!
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship announcement. This website is for general information purposes only. For official information and specific details including updated deadlines and instructions, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from this website is strictly at your own risk. Please see our Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions for more information.