DRD Scholarships for Sub-Saharan Africans
Last updated: 25 Jun 2015 | CURRENTLY CLOSED
Deadline: 31 July 2016 (annual)
Study in: South Africa/Germany
Course starts Jan-May 2017
The DRD offers a limited number of DAAD merit scholarships per year for applicants from Sub-Saharan African countries with an excellent academic record, to pursue development-related Masters and PhD studies.
University of the Western Cape, South Africa/Ruhr-Univeristy Bochum, Germany
Field of study:
Scholarships are available for full-time students of:
Number of Awards:
The scholarships are intended for nationals of Sub-saharan African countries.
Scholarships include monthly allowances of 650 Euro for Master candidates and 900 Euro for PhD candidates plus travel allowances. Mobility scholarships are also available for Master students each year.
Scholarship applicants are advised to carefully read about the specific entry requirements and course application procedure of the programme of their choice. The information is available from the respective programmes sections. In addition to programme requirements, all applicants have to meet the following requirements:
• Applicants should be from Sub-Sahara Africa
• Applicants should have an outstanding academic record – at least 70% for your last degree
• Applicants should apply within 3 years of having completed their previous degree
• The study must have been completed at an internationally recognised university
• The previous degree (Baccalaureus or Master) should have been an academic discipline which is related to Development Studies or Public Administration
• South African students are required to have an honours degree in order to be admitted to a Masters degree course. Other students need the equivalent of a 4 year undergraduate degree
• Applicants must provide evidence of proficiency in English, both written and spoken. This can be TOEFL test or a similar standard test or a letter from an academic institution
• Work and/or voluntary experience in your field of interest would be a recommendation
• Women are encouraged to apply
• South African students are encouraged to apply
• Applicants must be able to study fulltime at the UWC for the required period.
Applications are currently closed.
For applicants of the MPA, the MA in Development Studies as well as PhD candidates, you will have to fill in an electronic application form by 31 July 2016. For the MADM, there is a separate online application to be submitted by 31 December 2017; please refer to the “How to apply” section of the Bochum programme or the course homepage.
It is important to visit the official website to access the electronic application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.drd-sa.org/index.php/scholarships-in-development-studies.html
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship page. This is only a one-page summarized listing of the scholarship. While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, information may change at any time without notice. For complete and updated information, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from scholars4dev.com is strictly at your own risk. Please read our full Disclaimer for more information.