Erasmus Mundus Scholarships in Agricultural, Food and Environmental Policy Analysis
Last updated: 31 Oct 2009
EU Erasmus Mundus
Masters (MS) Degree
Deadline: 31 December 2009
Study in: European Countries
Course starts September 2010
The European Master in Agricultural, Food and Environmental Policy Analysis (AFEPA) aims at providing a high quality education in designing and assessing public policies targeted to the agricultural and food sector as well as the rural environment. This European Master responds to the increasing need to better understand and anticipate the various and often complex socio-economic and environmental effects of these policies either in a functionning market economy as in the European Union or in economies in a development or transition phase.
At the end of the course, graduated students will be awarded a double degree.
The European Master is jointly organised by five leading European educational and research institutions: the Corvinius University of Budapest (CUB) in Hungary, the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU) in Sweden, the Rheinische-Friedrich-Wilhelms Universität Bonn (UBonn) in Germany, the Université catholique de Louvain (UCL) in Belgium and the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC) in Spain.
Field of study:
The European Master offers a two-year academic curriculum with integrated and advanced theoretical, methodological and empirical courses in economics and quantitative methods as well as in agricultural, food and environmental sciences, agricultural and trade policy, environmental and natural resource policy, rural development policy and agribusiness management and market analysis.
Number of Awards:
Non-European Students from emerging/developing countries.
Normally, the scholarship amounts to 21,000 Euros per academic year. This includes a monthly allowance of 1,000 Euros and a fixed amount of 4,000 Euros for fees, travel expenses, relocation costs, etc. For courses lasting two years, the student receives approximately double this amount (42,000 Euros).
This European Master is accessible to candidates holding a bachelor’s degree or a recognized equivalent academic degree with a minimum of 180 ECTS or 3 years university study from an accredited institution, with sufficient undergraduate training in economics and agricultural or environmental sciences, with an excellent scholastic average, and with fluency in English but also French or Spanish if attending either UCL or UPC respectively.
Recipients of this European Master are qualified to understand the fundamentals of public policies oriented to the agricultural and food sector, rural areas and natural resources, develop and use quantitative methods to perform rigorous socio-economic and environmental assessment of these public policies, and provide sound and relevant policy recommendations for a more sustainable development of this sector and rural areas. They are qualified to take responsibilities in international, national and regional agencies, non-governmental organisations, consultancy firms, professional organisations and private companies.
For non-European students eligible for Erasmus Mundus scholarship, applications is open from November 3 to December 31.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship. Information on the application procedure with admission and selection criteria will be available on the AFEPA web page by November 3.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.uclouvain.be/afepa
Found this useful? Share it!
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship announcement. This website is for general information purposes only. For official information and specific details including updated deadlines and instructions, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from this website is strictly at your own risk. Please see our Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions for more information.
More Scholarships Like This »
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for Developing Countries
- DAAD Masters Scholarships in Public Policy and Good Governance
- Hubert Humphrey Fellowships in USA for International Students
- Japan Human Resource Development Scholarships (JDS) for Developing Countries in Asia
- UNIPV International Scholarships for Developing Countries
- Bocconi Scholarships in Italy for International Students
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program for Developing Countries in Asia
- CUD Scholarships in Belgium for Developing Countries
- Ghent Scholarships in Belgium for Developing Countries
- UN-Nippon Fellowship Programme in Ocean Affairs for Coastal Developing Countries
- KAAD Scholarships in Germany for Developing Countries
- Australia Awards Fellowships for Developing Countries
- Eric Bleumink Scholarships for Developing Countries
- DAAD Scholarships with Special Relevance for Developing Countries
- Sydney Achievers International Scholarships
- Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarship Awards
- Joint Japan/World Bank Scholarships in Development for International Students
- Quota Scholarships in Norway for Developing Countries
- Netherlands Fellowship Program for Short Courses
- MUIS Scholarships in Australia for International Students
More Scholarships in the Same Category »
♦ Level of Study: Masters,