Guest PhD Scholarships in Sweden for Developing Countries
Last updated: 09 Nov 2011
Deadline: 1 March (annual)
Study in: Sweden
Course starts September 2013
The Guest Scholarship Program provides PhD candidates and Postdoctoral researchers with an excellent opportunity to conduct a study or research visit to a Swedish university within all academic fields. As a Guest Scholarship Program candidate you can choose to apply for a study/research visit to Sweden according to the following models:
1. Post-doctoral research: a long-term postdoctoral research visit of 6, 12 or 18 months.
2. PhD studies: a long-term PhD research visit of 6 or 12 months.
Accredited academic institutions and universities in Sweden
Field of study:
Any research program in all academic fields
Number of Awards:
In category one the Swedish Institute has the opportunity to offer approximately 20 scholarships. In category two the Swedish Institute has the opportunity to offer approximately 5-10 scholarships. The final number of scholarships depends on how many candidates in the final selection that have applied for a PhD or Postdoctoral stay in Sweden, and for how long.
The program is open to candidates from two different categories of countries that determine certain aspects of the program:
Category 1: Candidates coming from countries on the Development Assistance Committee list of recipients of Official Development Assistance, the so-called ODA recipients.
Category 2: Candidates coming from the following countries: Canada, France, Germany, Great Britain, Japan, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, the United Arab Emirates and the United States.
Stipend: The scholarship amounts to SEK 12,000 per month for PhD students and SEK 15,000 for post-doctoral studies. Scholarship periods are fixed for 6, 12 or 18 months.
Travel Grants: Scholarship holders from ODA countries will receive travel support in connection with the scholarship. The travel grant is a lump sum, given only once. Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo, Macedonia (FYROM), Montenegro, Moldova, Serbia, Turkey and receive SEK 5,000. Citizens from remaining ODA countries receive SEK 15,000. PhD students on a sandwich set-up from ODA countries will be given only one travel grant per calendar year.
Insurance: Scholarship holders are insured by the Swedish State Group Insurance against illness and accident during the scholarship period. For citizens of EU member states and other Convention countries the insurance applies with certain limitations.
The scholarships are intended for guest students or researchers belonging to any of the above mentioned countries and target groups, applying for full-time studies/research in Sweden. There is no age limit for the scholarship holders.
Please note that to be eligible for a scholarship at PhD level you must be enrolled in ongoing PhD studies at a university outside Sweden.
Please also note that to be eligible for a scholarship at Postdoctoral level you must be holder of a PhD degree, preferably from 2007 or later. You can still apply if you expect to get your PhD degree shortly. However, you must be able to show that you successfully defended your PhD thesis no later than April 15, 2012.
You are not eligible for this scholarship if any of the following is true:
• You have already lived in Sweden for two years or more when the scholarship period is due to begin.
• You have a Swedish permanent residence permit.
• You have a Swedish work permit and you are not an EU citizen.
• You are applying for a scholarship at Postdoctoral level, but you do not hold any PhD degree, and will not be able to defend your PhD thesis before April 15, 2012.
• You are applying for a scholarship at PhD level, but you are not enrolled in ongoing PhD studies at a university outside Sweden.
Read the application instructions here. The deadline for applications is 1 March annually. It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.studyinsweden.se/Scholarships/SI-scholarships/Guest-Scholarship-Program/
Found this useful? Share it!
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship announcement. This website is for general information purposes only. For official information and specific details including updated deadlines and instructions, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from this website is strictly at your own risk. Please see our Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions for more information.
More Scholarships Like This »
- UNIPV International Scholarships for Developing Countries
- Japan Human Resource Development Scholarships (JDS) for Developing Countries in Asia
- CUD Scholarships in Belgium for Developing Countries
- Netherlands Fellowship Program for Master’s, PhD, and Short Courses
- Quota Scholarships in Norway for Developing Countries
- Ghent Scholarships in Belgium for Developing Countries
- Lund University Global Scholarships in Sweden
- DAAD Scholarships with Special Relevance for Developing Countries
- VLIR-UOS Scholarships for Developing Countries
- Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships for Developing Commonwealth Countries
- IDB Scholarships for Muslims in Africa and Asia
- Eric Bleumink Scholarships for Developing Countries
- UEA International Development Scholarships for Students from Developing Countries
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for Developing Countries
- United Nations University Scholarships for Developing Country Students
- Bocconi Scholarships in Italy for International Students
- VLIR-UOS Training Scholarships for Developing Countries
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program for Developing Countries in Asia
- MUIS Scholarships in Australia for International Students
- Westminster International Scholarships for Developing Countries
More Scholarships in the Same Category »
♦ Level of Study: PhD,
♦ Field of Study: Any field of study,