Erasmus Mundus Scholarships in Sustainable Forest and Nature Management
Last updated: 07 Oct 2010
EU Erasmus Mundus
Masters (MS) Degree
Deadline: 1 Dec 2010 (annual)
Study in: European Countries
Course starts September 2011
The Consortium proposes an integrated two-year world-class Masters Course in Sustainable Forest and Nature Management (SUFONAMA). The overall objective is to provide a top-level programme that qualifies graduates to deal with the huge challenges in Europe’s pursuit of an evermore sustainable management of her natural resources, namely, that the management of forests and nature areas must be seen in an integrated landscape context.
The Course consists of a first study year at one of three institutions (Bangor, Copenhagen, Goettingen) and a specialising second study year with different topics offered by each of the five institutions. The students are required to spend the second year at another university than the first one.
The Master Course is organized by a Consortium which involves five institutions:
• University of Copenhagen, Faculty of LIFE sciences, Centre for Forest, Landscape and Planning, Copenhagen, Denmark;
• Bangor University, School of Agricultural and Forest Sciences, Bangor, Wales, United Kingdom;
• University of Goettingen, Faculty of Forestry and Forest Ecology, Goettingen, Germany;
• Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Southern Swedish Forest Research Centre, Alnarp, Sweden;
• University of Padova, College of Agriculture, Padova, Italy.
Field of study:
The following degrees are awarded:
MSc in Forestry in Copenhagen, MSc in Environmental Forestry (year 1) and MSc in Conservation and Land Management (year 2) in Bangor, MSc in Forestry in Goettingen, MSc in Forestry in Alnarp, and MSc in Forestry and Environmental Sciences in Padova.
Number of Awards:
Every year approx. 17-20 EU scholarships are available.
The EM Masters course, SUFONAMA, is open to both non-EU national from developing countries and EU students.
Category A Scholarships for Third-country nationals: Total 48,000 EUR
Category B Scholarships for European nationals: Total 23,000 EUR
Eligibility/ Admission Criteria:
• A good first university degree in Forestry, Biology or related fields such as Environmental Science or Geography, alternatively in Economics, Management or Political Science
• Language proficiency and C.V.
• Experience from relevant practice may be an advantage.
• Personal statement of motivation.
• Recommendations from two referees.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.sufonama.net/eng/Home/home_7_26.html
Found this useful? Share it!
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship announcement. This website is for general information purposes only. For official information and specific details including updated deadlines and instructions, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from this website is strictly at your own risk. Please see our Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions for more information.
More Scholarships Like This »
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for Developing Countries
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program for Developing Countries in Asia
- CUD Scholarships in Belgium for Developing Countries
- UNIPV International Scholarships for Developing Countries
- Netherlands Fellowship Program for Short Courses
- Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarship Awards
- KAAD Scholarships in Germany for Developing Countries
- Australia Awards Fellowships for Developing Countries
- UN-Nippon Fellowship Programme in Ocean Affairs for Coastal Developing Countries
- Bocconi Scholarships in Italy for International Students
- Hubert Humphrey Fellowships in USA for International Students
- Heinrich Boll Scholarships in Germany for International Students
- VLIR-UOS Scholarships for Developing Countries
- IDB Scholarships for Muslims in Africa and Asia
- Netherlands Fellowship Program for Master’s, PhD, and Short Courses
- Japan Human Resource Development Scholarships (JDS) for Developing Countries in Asia
- Eric Bleumink Scholarships for Developing Countries
- VLIR-UOS Training Scholarships for Developing Countries
- MUIS Scholarships in Australia for International Students
- DAAD Scholarships with Special Relevance for Developing Countries
More Scholarships in the Same Category »
♦ Level of Study: