NUS Graduate Student Fellowships for Asians
Last updated: 04 Oct 2009
Nat’l Univ of Singapore
Deadline: 15 November 2009
Study in: Singapore
Program starts 10 May 2010
The Asia Research Institute of NUS invites applications from citizens of Asian countries enrolled for a fulltime advanced degree at a university in an Asian country (except Singapore) for consideration for the award of Asian Graduate Student Fellowships. These fellowships are offered to current graduate students doing their Master’s or PhD degrees and working in the Humanities and Social Sciences on Southeast Asian topics, and will allow the recipients to be based at NUS for an ‘in residence fellowship’ for a period of three months.
The aim of the fellowship is to enable scholars to make full use of the wide range of resources held in the libraries of NUS and the Institute of Southeast Asian Studies. Scholars will be expected to commence on 3 May 2010, and to make a presentation on their work at the Singapore Graduate Forum on Southeast Asian Studies at the end of July 2010.
National University of Singapore
Field of study:
Humanities and Social Sciences on Southeast Asian topics
Number of Awards:
Citizens of Asian Countries except Singapore
Successful candidates can expect the following benefits:
1) A monthly allowance of SGD1,000.
2) A monthly housing allowance of SGD250.
3) A settling-in allowance of SGD150.
4) A sum of $100 on a reimbursement basis for miscellaneous expenses
5) A one-time round trip travel subsidy by the most economical and direct route on a reimbursement basis upon being accepted for the fellowship.
6) Access to library and computer resources on campus.
• Must be enrolled for a fulltime advanced degree at a university in an Asian country.
• Must be current graduate students doing their Master’s or PhD degrees and working in the Humanities and Social Sciences on Southeast Asian topics.
• Must be citizens of Asian Countries except Singapore.
Applicants are invited to e-mail/facsimile/mail their application forms, a 2-page outline of their research proposal in English (this may be accompanied by a longer statement in a Southeast Asian language) to the ARI Office by 15 November 2009.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Asia Research Institute
NUS Bukit Timah Campus
469A Tower Block #10-01
Bukit Timah Road, Singapore 259770
E-mail : arikk(at)nus.edu.sg
Fax: 65 67791428
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.ari.nus.edu.sg/article_view.asp?id=273
Found this useful? Share it!
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship announcement. This website is for general information purposes only. For official information and specific details including updated deadlines and instructions, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from this website is strictly at your own risk. Please see our Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions for more information.
More Scholarships Like This »
- Australia Awards Fellowships for Developing Countries
- UNIPV International Scholarships for Developing Countries
- Endeavour Executive Awards
- Bocconi Scholarships in Italy for International Students
- Sydney Achievers International Scholarships
- Eric Bleumink Scholarships for Developing Countries
- Curtin International Postgraduate Research Scholarships
- Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarship Awards
- Heinrich Boll Scholarships in Germany for International Students
- UM High Potential Scholarships for International Students
- Denmark Government Scholarships for International Students
- MUIS Scholarships in Australia for International Students
- Leiden University Excellence Scholarships for International Students
- UWE Global Student Scholarships for International Students
- Radboud Scholarship Programme for International Students
- Hubert Humphrey Fellowships in USA for International Students
- Australia Awards Scholarships
- DAAD Scholarships with Special Relevance for Developing Countries
- DAAD Masters Scholarships in Public Policy and Good Governance
- New Zealand-ASEAN Scholar Awards
More Scholarships in the Same Category »
♦ Level of Study: Fellowship,