Israeli Government Scholarships for International Students
Last updated: 14 Sep 2010
Government of Israel
Deadline: 30 November* (annual)
Study in: Israel
Course starts 2011
The Government of Israel is pleased to offer scholarships to foreign students, as agreed in the Cultural Agreements between Israel and the recipient countries.
Different types of scholarships are offered: (1) Summer language courses (Ulpan) and (2) One academic year, or Research scholarships. First priority will be given to candidates applying for a post doctorate program and to research students. Second priority will be given to PhD Students and to MA students. Third priority will be given to candidates for overseas programs.
Scholarships will be granted only in universities and programs approved by the Ministry. Scholarships for Ulpan language studies will be granted in the Ulpan chosen by the Ministry only.
Field of study:
Number of Awards:
Citizens of the following countries:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada (Quebec Province), China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, India, Italy, Japan, Korea, Lithuania, Latvia, Luxembourg, Mexico, The Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland and Turkey.
Terms and conditions of the scholarship will change every year according to the yearly budget.
The scholarship could be partial, or in rare cases full. Partial scholarship will include health insurance and tuition fees OR a monthly allowance for one academic year (8 months only). Full scholarship will include tuition fees, a monthly allowance and basic health insurance.
Accommodation, transportation and travel arrangements to and from Israel are the applicant’s responsibility.
• Only citizens of the above-mentioned countries are eligible to apply
• The applicant must hold a BA or BSc degree (or higher) and have a good record of academic achievement.
• The applicant must be a citizen of the country where he/she applies for the scholarship and be under the age of 35.
• Proof of English or Hebrew language knowledge.
• The applicant should meet the academic requirements of the Israeli University that he/she applies to. Scholarship will be approved only after the required institute approves the acceptance of the candidate.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Applications should be sent to the Israeli embassy in the applicant’s country. *Date for the submission of application forms is different in each country but normally is no later than 30 November each year.
It is advised that you contact your local Israeli embassy to verify the date for submitting applications and to receive more detailed information concerning the process of choosing the candidates for scholarship from your country.
Final decision regarding the granting of a scholarship will be made around May each year.
For more details, please write to the following e-mail address: scholarship[at]mfa.gov.il
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.mfa.gov.il/MFA/MFAArchive/2000_2009/2003/8/Scholarships+Offered+by+the+Israeli+Government+to.htm
Found this useful? Share it!
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship announcement. This website is for general information purposes only. For official information and specific details including updated deadlines and instructions, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from this website is strictly at your own risk. Please see our Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions for more information.
More Scholarships Like This »
- Hungarian Government Scholarships for Foreign Students
- Denmark Government Scholarships for International Students
- Chinese Government Scholarships for International Students
- Korean Government Scholarship Program for International Students
- Greek Government Scholarships for Foreign Students
- Endeavour Executive Awards
- Joint Japan/World Bank Scholarships in Development for International Students
- Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarship Awards
- Edinburgh Global Masters Scholarships for International Students
- Chevening UK Scholarships for International Students
- Italian Government Bursaries for Foreign Students
- Japanese Government Scholarships for International Students
- Malaysia International Scholarships (MIS)
- Japan Human Resource Development Scholarships (JDS) for Developing Countries in Asia
- Ireland Government Scholarships for International Students
- Australia Awards Fellowships for Developing Countries
- Bocconi Scholarships in Italy for International Students
- Australia Awards Scholarships
- Netherlands Fellowship Program for Short Courses
- Swiss Excellence Scholarships for Foreign Students
More Scholarships in the Same Category »
♦ Level of Study:
♦ Field of Study: Any field of study,
♦ Target Group: