Japan Human Resource Development Scholarships (JDS) for Developing Countries in Asia
Last updated: 12 Aug 2012
Masters (MS) Degree
Deadline: Sept-Oct 2012 (annual)
Study in: Japan
Next course starts Aug-Oct 2013
The JDS Program aims to provide nationalities of China, Kyrgyz Republic, Laos, Mongolia, Philippines, Republic of Uzbekistan, Republic of Tajikistan, Viet Nam, Bangladesh, Cambodia, and Sri Lanka with opportunities for academic research at Japanese higher educational institutions under the Grant Aid assistance by Government of Japan.
The objective of this program is to support the respective Government in its efforts to facilitate its own plans for human resource development mainly for capacity building and institutional building, and thereby extend and enhance the bilateral relationship with Japan.
The JDS Program targets young government officers for public sector, researchers, and others with potential to play leadership roles in their specialties after return to each country as well as to become leaders in their homeland in the 21st century.
This Program is implemented by the related Ministry of the respective countries, Government of Japan JICA (Japan International Cooperation Agency).
The JDS fellows are sent to Japanese higher educational institutions to pursue a Master’s Degree.
Selected Universities in Japan
Field of studies:
Depending on the country, the field of studies supported include: Public Administration, Business Administration, Economics and Finance, Law, Public Policy, International Relations, Information Technology, Industrial Development and other related fields
Number of Awards:
Bangladesh: 15 fellows
Laos: not specified
Philippines: 20 fellows
China: 45 fellows
Nationals of China, Kyrgyz Republic, Laos, Mongolia, Philippines, Republic of Uzbekistan, Republic of Tajikistan, Viet Nam, Bangladesh, Cambodia, and Sri Lanka
The scholarship shall include institution expenses (tuition fees, admission fees), traveling and seminar allowance, book allowance, arrival allowance, accommodation allowance, daily expenses, shipping allowance, etc. For more information, please read the terms and conditions of the scholarship (link found below).
See the country-specific eligibility requirements in their respective websites (links found below).
It is important to visit the country-specific websites for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship. Application forms can also be downloaded from the official websites.
See the country-specific contact details in their respective websites (links found below).
Official Scholarship Websites (country specific): http://sv2.jice.org/e/jds/application/index.htm
Found this useful? Share it!
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship announcement. This website is for general information purposes only. For official information and specific details including updated deadlines and instructions, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from this website is strictly at your own risk. Please see our Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions for more information.
More Scholarships Like This »
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program for Developing Countries in Asia
- Australia Awards Fellowships for Developing Countries
- Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarship Awards
- IDB Scholarships for Muslims in Africa and Asia
- UNIPV International Scholarships for Developing Countries
- Eric Bleumink Scholarships for Developing Countries
- Joint Japan/World Bank Scholarships in Development for International Students
- Ghent Scholarships in Belgium for Developing Countries
- DAAD Scholarships with Special Relevance for Developing Countries
- Quota Scholarships in Norway for Developing Countries
- CUD Scholarships in Belgium for Developing Countries
- Netherlands Fellowship Program for Short Courses
- Bocconi Scholarships in Italy for International Students
- Denmark Government Scholarships for International Students
- UEA International Development Scholarships for Students from Developing Countries
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for Developing Countries
- VLIR-UOS Training Scholarships for Developing Countries
- Endeavour Executive Awards
- VLIR-UOS Scholarships for Developing Countries
- Chinese Government Scholarships for International Students
More Scholarships in the Same Category »
♦ Level of Study: Masters,