CCSTDS Research Fellowships in Science and Engineering for Developing Country Scientists
Last updated: 08 Nov 2009
Deadline: 15 Mar/15 Sept (annual)
Study in: India
The Centre for Co-operation in Science and Technology among Developing Societies (CCSTDS) strives to promote research linked training to bright and young researchers and students to choose scientific research for their career.
CCSTDS has launched a RTF programme in collaboration with Department of Science & Technology, Government of India. This progamme is intended for developing country scientists who have aptitude for research and would be willing to work in an Indian research laboratory and who wish to equip themselves with research and complementary skills to improve their pursuit of Ph.D study or diversify their research capabilities. This is facilitated through training for a period of 3 – 12 Months at Indian research/ academic institutions.
Indian Research and Academic Institutions
Field of study:
Science, Engineering, and Allied disciplines
Number of Awards:
20 Fellowships per year will be supported.
Scientists from developing countries
Each fellowship shall be for a minimum of 3 months up to a maximum of 12 months. Fellowship will consist of the following:
• Return international air fare by shortest route and economy/excursion class between place of work in their home country and place of work in India.
• Boarding and lodging
• One time Grant to support exposure to research related events within India and access to scientific literature
• Candidates with Postgraduate Degrees in science, engineering and allied disciplines from a developing country and of age up to 40 years
• Candidates with aptitude for research and interested in acquiring expertise in research related tools at Indian location.
• Candidates preferably attached to a national research /academic institution in their home country
• Candidates possessing valid passport.
It is important to visit the CCSTDS website and read the scholarship information (links found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship. Applications can be downloaded from the website as well.
The closing date for submission of applications will be March 15 and September 15, each year.
Centre for Co-operation in Science & Technology Among Developing Societies (CCSTDS)
2 Gandhi Mandapam Road, Chennai 600 025, India
Phone: +91-44-24430228, 24419466, 24901367
Fax: +91 44 24914543
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.ccstds.tn.nic.in/html/fellowship_for_developing_coun.html
Found this useful? Share it!
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship announcement. This website is for general information purposes only. For official information and specific details including updated deadlines and instructions, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from this website is strictly at your own risk. Please see our Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions for more information.
More Scholarships Like This »
- United Nations University Scholarships for Developing Country Students
- WMF Scholarships for Developing Country Students
- Hubert Humphrey Fellowships in USA for International Students
- CUD Scholarships in Belgium for Developing Countries
- KAAD Scholarships in Germany for Developing Countries
- Rotary International Peace Fellowships
- Curtin International Postgraduate Research Scholarships
- Quota Scholarships in Norway for Developing Countries
- Melbourne International Research Scholarships (MIRS)
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS) at Australian Universities
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for Developing Countries
- Eric Bleumink Scholarships for Developing Countries
- UMGF Scholarships in Canada for International Students
- UNIPV International Scholarships for Developing Countries
- Bocconi Scholarships in Italy for International Students
- Eiffel Scholarships in France for International Students
- Netherlands Fellowship Program for Master’s, PhD, and Short Courses
- Netherlands Fellowship Program for Short Courses
- DAAD Masters Scholarships in Public Policy and Good Governance
- DAAD Scholarships with Special Relevance for Developing Countries